pcsx2 not responding for a while
pcsx2 is not responding every few minutes for a minute or so and then goes back to working(no logs because that freezes as well),i have default settings and played around with them nothing changed.im playing gran turismo 3
here are my specs-
Intel Quad Core i5 4690 3.5Ghz S1150
Gigabyte GA-B85M-D3H S1150 
GB (2x8GB) Patriot DDR3 1600Mhz HEATSINK 
Sapphire R9 280X 3G GDDR5 Dual-X
Seagate 1T 3.5'' Sata3 Barracuda 3 Years Warranty
Zalman Z3 Plus + FSP Raider 650W 80+ BUNDLE
LG DVD-RW X24 GH24NS90
ZALMAN CNPS-5X Performa
every help is greatly appreciated thanks

Sponsored links

you don't have it running from a flash drive or something do you?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-19-2016, 07:59 PM)Nobbs66 Wrote: you don't have it running from a flash drive or something do you?

no its on my desktop and i tried moving it to an external hard drive  still didnt change anything
so no one has ever ran into this problem?
I remember there was some kind of "green" feature on WD HDD quite a few times ago that were issuing those kinds of mini-freezes.
do you have such a function or an equivalent for Seagate HDD ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-21-2016, 11:50 AM)jesalvein Wrote: I remember there was some kind of "green" feature on WD HDD quite a few times ago that were issuing those kinds of mini-freezes.
do you have such a function or an equivalent for Seagate HDD ?

idk how would i go about finding out?
You'll notice it by the fact that the HD will have to spin up again. (Best noticed when you try to access the drive after leaving it inactive for 10+ minutes). There'll be a minor delay because of the spin-up time, and then it'll work smoothly again.

I have a WD Green myself as external drive, and this annoying ass feature actually killed the drive that way by constantly turning itself off and having to spin up each time lol.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(03-21-2016, 11:10 PM)Ryudo Wrote: You'll notice it by the fact that the HD will have to spin up again. (Best noticed when you try to access the drive after leaving it inactive for 10+ minutes). There'll be a minor delay because of the spin-up time, and then it'll work smoothly again.

I have a WD Green myself as external drive, and this annoying ass feature actually killed the drive that way by constantly turning itself off and having to spin up each time lol.

how would i turn it off?,i tried putting the game on an external harddrive still the same problem
You can't.

The only way to prevent it is basically forcing it to not go idle. Some people made some tools to constantly write a very small .txt file to the drive every 5 minutes, that basically keeps it active all the time.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(03-25-2016, 12:03 PM)Ryudo Wrote: You can't.

The only way to prevent it is basically forcing it to not go idle. Some people made some tools to constantly write a very small .txt file to the drive every 5 minutes, that basically keeps it active all the time.
WD made a bootable ISO that you can use to change te idle time.