pcsx2 + nouveau was fine (r5412) zzogl pg 0.4.0 but now it isn't.
Well it is my mistake I didn't read carefully. Nouveau is a french word and it isn't linked to a driver in my brain Tongue2

Anyway, let's me explain a bit the GL world. Nvidia cg is not directly linked to the nvidia drivers. The GLSL implementation of the nvidia driver is based on Cg but Cg works on my system which is AMD based.

CG and GLSL are API (programmer interface) that setup the "soft" parts of the GPU which are often called shaders. I called them soft because they're actually (basic and small) CPU that just run some software code like any CPU (=> idea of GPGPU). CG is based on top of opengl to ease the management of several resources namely the texture pointers (big fat array of data), the samplers (how the texture is formated), some constants parameters and finally the instruction of the program that will be compiled by Cg. Cg is only an extension of openGL, under the hood opengl will transfer the resources to the driver then to your GPU. It didn't cost you anything in performance but there is 1 limitation opengl only support a limited set of instruction so Cg can bypass opengl to directly communicate with the openGL driver (probably only supported by nvidia GPU).

Cg is not opensource friendly so I decide to port it on GLSL based on Zeydlitz GLSL initial port and my previous GSdx port experience. I raised the requirement to opengl 3.3 (and 2 ogl4 extensions) because code is much more easier. I think I will rewrite a bit differently on the future to allow to use some opengl4 features (mostly one that are supported by dx10 class GPU) but I'm reallly limited by the poor state of drivers on linux. I hope opensource drivers could reach ogl 3.3 for the next mesa release.

By the way, can I ask you a favor? Would it be possible to install apitrace (32bits) on your system and to replay a trace for me? I think intel driver have a bug, got only a black screen!

Sponsored links

No problem. Tell me what to do... I did:

$ glretrace intel_sandy_bridge_black_screen.trace

Rendered 450 frames in 3.90015 secs, average of 115.38 fps
Thanks that perfect. This trace doesn't work on any sandy bridge system so I can open a bug on the intel mesa driver.
(10-30-2012, 10:01 PM)gregory Wrote: Thanks that perfect. This trace doesn't work on any sandy bridge system so I can open a bug on the intel mesa driver.

I'm sorry, but did you succed on this? Because i have a laptop with a i3(Intel HD 3000 second generation) running ubuntu 13.04(everything updated) and i can't run any game. When i try to run with GSDX this happens:

"The program 'pcsx2' received an X Window System error.
This probably reflects a bug in the program.
The error was 'GLXBadFBConfig'.
(Details: serial 22 error_code 178 request_code 153 minor_code 34)
(Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error() function.)"

But when i run with zzogl 0.4 the screen don't freeze but there's just a black screen although sometimes i can hear ps2 sounds but only when i use the sound plugin on OSS(Legacy), not with ALSA. If you want me to create another topic, i would do that, and thanks in advance for anything.

I'm uploading the outputs of terminal with both cases.
Where saida-epsxe2.txt is the one with gsdx and the other is the one with zzogl 0.4.

Attached Files
.txt   saida-epsxe2.txt (Size: 7,33 KB / Downloads: 361)
.txt   saida-epsxe2(1).txt (Size: 11,29 KB / Downloads: 360)
Gsdx needs opengl 3.3 and 3 (probably 4 in near future) opengl 4 extensions. Open source driver are currently limited to opengl 3.1. I will see if I can quit more gracefully but you still need to wait mesa 10.

For zzogl the status is not clear. I open a bug but 1 guy make it work with mesa 9.1 so the bug might already be fixed. Or you need DDX special setup.
(04-07-2013, 12:32 PM)gregory Wrote: Gsdx needs opengl 3.3 and 3 (probably 4 in near future) opengl 4 extensions. Open source driver are currently limited to opengl 3.1. I will see if I can quit more gracefully but you still need to wait mesa 10.

For zzogl the status is not clear. I open a bug but 1 guy make it work with mesa 9.1 so the bug might already be fixed. Or you need DDX special setup.

Oh, so i have to wait for Intel... At least they seem to be working with it. So my "epsxe"(stupid me, put the name of the emulator wrong haha) files weren't so helpful. Thanks man, what you do is awesome!
FYI, I update latest trunk to print a nicer message when you don't support GL3.3

I follow Mesa closely and we are close to have a support on Intel GPU. GL3 is nearly done. On the GL4 side, I contribute recently to add the ARB_separate_shader_objects extensions (not yet gold). I will downgrade temporary GSdx to replace the GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack extension (slower but at least it will work Wink ). It will only remain ARB_copy_image which is only used on the hardware renderer.
(04-07-2013, 04:53 PM)gregory Wrote: FYI, I update latest trunk to print a nicer message when you don't support GL3.3

I follow Mesa closely and we are close to have a support on Intel GPU. GL3 is nearly done. On the GL4 side, I contribute recently to add the ARB_separate_shader_objects extensions (not yet gold). I will downgrade temporary GSdx to replace the GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack extension (slower but at least it will work Wink ). It will only remain ARB_copy_image which is only used on the hardware renderer.

I'm sorry, but by "latest trunk" you mean the ppa? Or the svn?
Latest SVN is the answer. The PPA's are built on the SVNs too. The 12.10 Ubuntu PPA is from a build done on Feb 2013. The PPA is updated every once in awhile but not for every new update that occurs.
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(04-11-2013, 12:01 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: Latest SVN is the answer. The PPA's are built on the SVNs too. The 12.10 Ubuntu PPA is from a build done on Feb 2013. The PPA is updated every once in awhile but not for every new update that occurs.

Thanks for the info! Biggrin