pcsx2 sucks on my computer.
Also this cpu is more than 5 years old. And even then it was not the best of its series. Hope you have not paid to much for that.

You should consider overclocking. By that you can gain some nice performance boosts.

Nevertheless need for speed games are just quite demanding. Even modern cpu/gpu combinations can have a hard time emulating them.

Sponsored links

Yeah its unfortunate there aren't many quad cores available for your socket. Get a new cooler and OC the thing, it'll help a lot.

New: Dell Inspiron 15 7580 | Intel i7-8565U @ 1.8 GHz | 16 GB DDR4 RAM | GeForce MX150 2 GB

Old: Lenovo IdeaPad Z510 | Intel i7-4702MQ @ 2.2 GHz | 6 GB DDR3 RAM | GeForce GT 740M 1 GB

Sorry for responding late but wow I can play every pcsx2 so far at a steady 60 fps with stock setting on pcsx2.
New specs:
Intel Core i5 4590s clocked @ 3GHz stock speed
4GIGs of DDR3 ram
MSI Geforce 660 GTX Twin FRozr III(3)
1TB HDD running on 6 Gbps and 120 GB SSD(for Windows)
that's quite a improvement Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
Your CPU is an old architecture so it is a lot slower than an i3 at same clock speed, just because the i3 can do many more things by clock cycles.

So the CPU clock is not a reliable value to compare between different architecture, at most it would be useful to say a certain core duo is faster than another with smaller clock.

The emulation is demanding on CPU power, but that's not all, like PC games may have different system requirements so do PS2 games, some are easier to emulate and those you may try playing with that machine, but not those games you pointed above which are known to challenge core i7 or i5 machines with much greater clock speed than yours and even so with issues and glitches.

So no real possibility to play those games at the current emulator's development stage with that machine in satisfactory way, they will play but so overloaded with speed hacks and other desperate tweaks that the final result will better called unplayable.
Imagination is where we are truly real
What are you talking about ? Huh , he just bought a new i5.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(12-21-2014, 04:52 PM)ssakash Wrote: What are you talking about ? Huh , he just bought a new i5.

my bad for having left the thread open while caring for something else, none the posts on this page were visible to me.
Of course most his emulator's issues must be solved now...

Edit: anyway the information about differences in performance under same clock among different architectures might be useful to new users.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-21-2014, 06:22 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Edit: anyway the information about differences in performance under same clock among different architectures might be useful to new users.
yeah, that will be quite useful for newbies.
- Refraction