pcsx2 was smooth before, now it is slow
Either your laptop is clogged with dust or something is really downclocking your cpu cores. You might be able to change som settings in the bios, or you could just boot your laptop in safemode without all the background-stuff running to see a difference.

BTW: This is how it's looks when I'm sitting idle (sometimes downclocks it self when notthing is going on in the background, but get back up when things are happening):

Sponsored links

(03-08-2015, 11:25 AM)chriztr Wrote: Either your laptop is clogged with dust or something is really downclocking your cpu cores. You might be able to change som settings in the bios, or you could just boot your laptop in safemode without all the background-stuff running to see a difference.

BTW: This is how it's looks when I'm sitting idle (sometimes downclocks it self when notthing is going on in the background, but get back up when things are happening):

oh wow .. ur running at 2.3ghz.......mine is not even close to that!!!!
(03-08-2015, 09:03 AM)ssakash Wrote: Yeah, something is probably causing your CPU to downclock. Try disabling all background processes other than pcsx2 (google chrome, all other stuffs) and check whether you get any performance boost and make sure you have enabled mtvu.

i have closed google chrome and antivirus...all those...mtvu is enabled.....no imporvemnts.... Sad
It's nothing like that and I don't know why he even though that would help.

Processors, especially laptops ones, dynamically adjust there clock based on several factors like usage, heat, power, etc. With high usage it should clock up unless it's either too hot or the power plan is set to not allow it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(03-08-2015, 01:09 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: It's nothing like that and I don't know why he even though that would help.

Processors, especially laptops ones, dynamically adjust there clock based on several factors like usage, heat, power, etc. With high usage it should clock up unless it's either too hot or the power plan is set to not allow it.

the power plan im using is high performance....and i have changed advanced settings for high performance, making all options for 100% or maximum performance....
the speed is locked.....
i tried changing the speed with nvidia control utility...no changes shown in coreTemp
i played shadow of mordor(that too without any hiccups) and speed didnot vary
i play with pcsx2 and no increase in speed....
Try setting priority of pcsx2 to high in taskmanager and try again. Does the clock speed stay the same all the time ? If yes, It's probably some kind of heating issue (or) not enough electric supply. Make sure you are playing the game while plugging in.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-08-2015, 01:45 PM)ssakash Wrote: Try setting priority of pcsx2 to high in taskmanager and try again. Does the clock speed stay the same all the time ? If yes, It's probably some kind of heating issue (or) not enough electric supply. Make sure you are playing the game while plugging in.

i have disabled speedstep.....made pcsx2 high priority...plugged in....clock speed varies but max is 800Mhz....no improv.....

by chance i got an interesting concept....
wen i try to charge my battery in my laptop using charger...it doesnot charge .....

i mean the charger and the battery are working fine(i tried charging my battery with my charger on another dell xps 15 laptop...both are working on another dell XPS 15) so i think my battery charging unit inside my laptop is down.

hence there is no power option display in bios....and hence the computer bios has locked down the processor cycle speed forever....

is it even possible.???
Thanks guys ....thanx a lot...now its working...

by reading ur replies... i understood this is all abt cpu processor clock speed....

so i have another laptop...way less config than this computer....
but its running on 2GHz speed...
so i tried on that laptop and i ran FFX.

the game is running perfectly ar 60fps and no problems at all..

guess i have to play pc games on this laptop and emulation on other ....
cheers!!! Biggrin
Yeah, that's the only way for now. Try to find what's the source of the downclock in the other laptop.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
(03-08-2015, 03:12 PM)ssakash Wrote: Yeah, that's the only way for now. Try to find what's the source of the downclock in the other laptop.

i think its because of the power performance.....

this laptop has been locked by bios because the power charging unit of laptop is not functioning....

wen i switch on my current laptop, a message reads like this "cannot find 130W battery charger. connect a 130W power charger. computer wont be able to perform best performance."

i am using 130W charger only....so my internal battery IC unit is gone....

hence computer is locked by bios to run only at this speed...