pcsx2 was smooth before, now it is slow
Hello,
i have searched everywhere but this problem is bit different.

i had pcsx2 before . the version was 0.9.7. only default plugin used. no more config at all.

that time the game like god of war 2, ff 12 , metal gear 2 worked with proper speed/fps about 50-60 all the time.

i am trying with pcsx2 1.3.1 latest build from svn, and i am not able to run above games with that fps. its very laggy. In this i am using gsdx plugin(SSSE3 0.1.16) with config of plugin as Nvidia 540M as card with dx11(hardware).
the games are slow giving like 35fps and very slow on cutscenes giving 25fps. i have given speedhacks for EE as full (before giving EE full , fps was 20).

i dont know wats the cause. it been a year since i last used pcsx2. Since then i have updated my nvidia grpahics driver latest, my visual c++ is 2012 update 4. and directx is 11.
So upgrading these drivers have caused this or something.???
Moreover all the other emulators such as emulator for NDS(desmume) have also become very slow.

PC specs:
8gb ram,
2GHz, intel i7 2nd gen,
Nvidia Geforce GT 540M 2GB
DX11
windows rating:5.6

Sponsored links

Please post your emulog and screenshot of your pcsx2 settings. Though, the problem is mostly because the new development builds are far more demanding than the older builds.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
these r my settings :Biggrin

First, use GSDX avx instead of SSE3 and then,decrease the EE cycle rate and VU stealing to it's default values ( increasing it more causes the fps to be slower internally) and don't use NVIDIA hack unless you need it. If it still lags down then, try using software mode with edge Antialiasing disabled and set extra rendering threads to 3 and give it a try.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
hello ssakash

i changed to gsdx avx, made ee to 1 and vu to 0 ie the default settings for both.

and i have uncheck nvidia hack and unchecked hw hack also.

its going good because i am trying ff10 now....i used to get 30fps ...now atleast i have gained 10 fps more.

thanks a lot.

i made dx11(software mode) with edge Antialiasing disabled and extra rendering threads to 3. this resulted a bit slowness of about 5 fps.

any other ideas to increase fps furthermore? any help is appreciated. Smile
(03-05-2015, 04:32 PM)thegreatduyt Wrote: Moreover all the other emulators such as emulator for NDS(desmume) have also become very slow.

(03-05-2015, 04:32 PM)thegreatduyt Wrote: 2GHz, intel i7 2nd gen,

let me guess... it's a notebook?

Put power plan to high performance and plug the cable.
(03-05-2015, 09:19 PM)willkuer Wrote: let me guess... it's a notebook?

Put power plan to high performance and plug the cable.

ya it is a notebook ...it is on high performance and plugged!
Please check temperature (eg by using coretemp) during slowdowns
this is core cpu temperature details using core temp....and also fps display of game

I was gona say i7 is more then cappable for FFX then i realized you talking mobile here.

0.9.7 was alot less accurate then current builds which as result are more demanding. even then if the 540m was being used it should have no issues with FFX @ 2x

Providing laptop is plugged in and using Max performance profile for the power scheme and the laptop isnt throttling cause of heat, and picture you show tells me the cpu is throttled as it is running 800mhz. that cpu base is 2g and turbo is 2.9 for that processor