performance problems even with a good system
Yeah, It's another one of these threads.. my specs are as follows:

-Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.8 GHz
-4 gigs of ram @ 1066 MHz
-ATI HD 4830
-Windows Vista Ultimate x64 (bleh)

So far I've tried to run Final Fantasy X, which ran perfect for the first 5 minutes I tried it out, and Dark Cloud, which had a few issues.

First, the screen shakes a tad bit all the time, which is slightly annoying but not a huge deal. I just started, and found that the game runs at about 45 fps (75ish%) and the music slows down. But if I press Triangle (which goes to the menu) it runs at 60 fps (100%) and the music is up to speed. This is in the empty world and not even in a dungeon filled with monsters. Is my system not good enough to run this game? How can I make it run at full speed all the time? Thanks.

PS: my graphics plugin is GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00 SSSE3) 0.1.14

Sponsored links

Unfortunately, I'm not all that familiar with the program yet to just run possible fixes off the top of my head. But just a thought, if you're running it off a disc, you might try creating an ISO and running it directly from your harddrive. Should speed up things slightly.
Athlon Dual Core 2.8 GHz
Radeon HD 4670
3 GB RAM
Windows Vista 32-bit
PCSX2 0.9.6 & Beta
You are using an old version of pcsx2.....give the betas a whirl.
Look at the download section of the forums.
Yes indeed, another one of these darn threads.

Screen wobbling is Interlacing, cycle through the many deinterlacing methods using F5 when ingame, try Blend bff (bottom field first), but you'll lose some fps.
Try using the forum's search, for FFX problems. There are soooo many damn FFX threads that if Google were to index them all it would need a server farm the size of Wales, just to store all the crap.....I mean information. Laugh

If I had my way, I would take the world's entire Final Flipping Fantasy crap, stick it all in a capsule, and fire it into the sun. Tongue
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
I am running straight from an ISO.. the beta gave me an error when I tried to install it (side-by-side configuration is incorrect?), so I just left it alone.

I fixed the interlacing, but it's still it bit laggy otherwise. Anything I can do to fix this? Or is it time for me to upgrade?

Also, I only mentioned FFX as another game I had tried out, no need to get worked up about it Tongue
get the new beta or compile your own from svn, you need w32threads.dll in the base PCSX2 directory and then just move the new beta to it
I wouldn't compile a new beta from SVN right now, as they are in the process of changing to a new GUI that is currently really buggy (which they know about, and is unavoidable till they work out all the kinks)

I'd stick to the latest beta (0.9.7r1736) which is markedly faster than than 0.9.6 official.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(09-18-2009, 07:14 PM)Koji Wrote: I wouldn't compile a new beta from SVN right now, as they are in the process of changing to a new GUI that is currently really buggy (which they know about, and is unavoidable till they work out all the kinks)

I'd stick to the latest beta (0.9.7r1736) which is markedly faster than than 0.9.6 official.

Legacy builds of the new svn work fine (the old GUI)
(09-18-2009, 07:14 PM)Koji Wrote: I'd stick to the latest beta (0.9.7r1736) which is markedly faster than than 0.9.6 official.

If "markedly faster" were to be measured numerically, about how much percent faster would you say?
30% faster. But why not try it yourself? The beta won't burn down your house Tongue2