play from file and not from cd
Hey, i have tried this program and it runs fine so far. I have copied a cd's contents over to my computer to always have it with me. But how do i make the emulater play from a file? i can only choose "no source" or "E:" i cant choose anything else..

Anyone know what to do?

thx Smile

Sponsored links

You need to create an ISO file from the DVD, not just simply copy paste. Then you need to change the CDVDROM plugin to Linuz Iso Plugin, and configure it to select the appropriate .iso file.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
allright, gonna try it out now, thx for the help Smile
i doesn't work. I have my Iso file and i have my settings allright, but when i start it says "DVD player is not set up"
what to do?

thx a lot again Smile

wait it works now Laugh

although it runs slow, ver slow. I have set the speed hack to 3x. but its still way too slow to be playable.. any suggestions? Smile
(10-05-2009, 10:28 PM)Kerberos Wrote: i doesn't work. I have my Iso file and i have my settings allright, but when i start it says "DVD player is not set up"
what to do?

thx a lot again Smile

wait it works now Laugh

although it runs slow, ver slow. I have set the speed hack to 3x. but its still way too slow to be playable.. any suggestions? Smile

search google for a program called ImgBurn. Use that to copy your disc to an Iso. Very easy to use, and it's free, which is a nice perk. Tongue

Once your game is on an image, use the LinuzCDVD (Linuzapps....whatever it's called) in the configuration of PCSX2. Then when you click file->run CD/DVD, it will prompt you for a file. That's the ISO you ripped from your disc. Run that.

EDIT - nevermind, missed the update. Feel free to ignore this post, though I still recommend ImgBurn to anyone, it's wonderful in it's simplicity.
pc specs ? plugins config ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go