playing games on my laptop
First of all, I just want to say thank you for this great emulator. Its amazing that I can play PS2 games at all on my laptop. I'm having some fps issues, and I'm wondering if its just that my system is barely good enough to even run the emu, or if there are some settings I might be able to change. Ok, the details-

The games I have played so far-

Namco x Capcom- plays pretty good during battles(50-55 fps which feels pretty good) but slows down on the field, anywhere from just under 30 to around 45 depending on which stage.

Ultraman Fighting Evolution 2- anywhere from 40 fps(which again feels pretty good) to a barely playable 15 fps, again depending in which stage I am in.

My system-

AMD Athlon Dual Core QL-65 2.1 GHz
3 GB ram
ATI Radeon 3100 w/256 mb video memory

I am using the latest beta release, GSdx in dx10 mode at native resolution, SPU2-X with effects processing disabled, and 2x cycle rate with INT sync, IOP x2 and wait cycles sync hack.

Is there anything else I could do to get more speed, is it the games themselves, or is it just that my system is lucky enough to be running these games at all?

Thanks in advance for any help!

Sponsored links

Your system is a bit slow for PCSX2, not a big surprise that you get such slowdowns but you could try using the latest beta and using the "VU cycle stealing" speedhack on it set to "moderate" (or even higher may help or do the opposite). You can also try setting the clamp modes in the "config > advanced" options to none.

Other than that there's not much you can do.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-3716.html
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
ok thanks I figured it might just be my system.... I'm just glad the games are playable at all Smile