playing music w/ pcsx2
well? is it possible? could i run a cd with pcsx so i could get the feel of a psx2 playing a cd? i havnt attepted it because i dont have any cds but is there a patch in which you could play mp3's through it somehow? and if not why not? would you utilize it???

Sponsored links

It will eventually be implemented, but it is a very VERY low priority. Of course, you are welcome to code a plug-in to do just that, if you want to.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Did they ever mention that they were going to implement this specifically? I know the PCSX2 team has stated they want to have as accurate emulator as possible... but I also remember someone (Cotton maybe?) state that they had no intention of being able to play DVDs through it, so I can't imagine them putting any effort at all at playing music CDs.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I vaguely remember one of the devs saying that they will implement all the features of the PS2, for the sake of perfection or something like that.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Probably not, but if someone gets bored enough they might do it. One day Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(11-04-2009, 12:34 PM)Bositman Wrote: Probably not, but if someone gets bored enough they might do it. One day Tongue
won't that bore 'em further? Wacko
Click image for Prev. rigs Cool
[Image: MYNEWPCGII.png]
(11-04-2009, 05:44 AM)dr_thrax Wrote: It will eventually be implemented, but it is a very VERY low priority.

i perfectly understand that - why waste time coding some feature of a console into a console emulator for PC when it's a feature the PC can do better without emulation - like CD / DVD playback - c'mon think of it

if i were to code an emulator i'd focus on emulating games FIRST - and when it's got a compatibility to 90-99 % of the games and runs them without glitches and at full speed - THEN i might eventually go down on the extra features of the console just for the sake of complete-nes and coolnes ;-)
my comp:
Core2 Duo E6550 @ 2.33Ghz
Vista Ultimate x86 / 2GB RAM
GeForce 8600 / 256MB VRAM
CD playback typically works, though it's not 100% stable. You need to use SPU2-X and CDVD-Gigaherz plugins, and PCSX2 needs to be able to find and load the .ROM1 bios extension in addition to the usual .BIN file (which you should have, only the really old bios dumping software didn't dump it, afaik).

DVD playback is something else entirely Tongue2
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Yeah, was going to say. CD audio was always "nearly" working.
Some recent fixes and additions to spu2-x and cdvdgigaherz made it good Smile
Well, since this thread involves music I was wondering if it's possible to make a patch which disables the music in a game leaving the SFX ON or vice versa? Huh This idea crossed my mind yesterday.