pls help !!! slutter sound is making me crazy!
hello im having this issue : slutter sound

please watch the video and you will understand

pcsx2 : 1.2.1 R5875
pcsx2 config : everything is default, native res. speed hack ON or OFF doesnt matter sound still slutter
my spec : i5 4440 / HD 7790
windows 7 x64

note : im having this issue with every games on pcsx2...

Sponsored links

sounds like a slowdown...

have you tried async mix in SPUX-2?

Maybe that is a slowdown that even happens on the ps2. Is it happening in-game as well or only if you switch fast between menus?

Do you use a dedicated gpu?
I swear I came into lured by the perspective that the game was making sexy sounds Smile

The video shows clearly that the FPS is too high, easier solution, F4 to activate fps limiter.

or maybe the TAB key was pressed by mistake. The TAB keys doubles the game speed if the machine is able to do it.

Edit: you may need to press those two keys (F4 and TAB till getting the game running at the nominal speed) case both have been messed already.

Keeping the game windowed while doing so allows verifying the status at the title bar. you want the information that the limiter = normal and the FPS is around 60 for US/Japanese games (NTSC) or 50FPS for European games (PAL)
Imagination is where we are truly real
That will happen when loading and really bad on CD. What is the highest you frames are going? Maybe you could have turbo on by accident or something.
(03-10-2014, 04:47 PM)willkuer Wrote: sounds like a slowdown...

have you tried async mix in SPUX-2?

Maybe that is a slowdown that even happens on the ps2. Is it happening in-game as well or only if you switch fast between menus?

Do you use a dedicated gpu?

i have played this game (actually a lot of games) when i had my slim ps2 , i can confirm this bug dont happen on the ps2

in the 2013 i played this game by pcsx2 and there wasnt this kind of bug

here is the old video i recorded in the 2013, as you can see there was no sound bug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3i6JydKz..._hTpn0CSNR

(03-10-2014, 05:03 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: I swear I came into lured by the perspective that the game was making sexy sounds Smile

The video shows clearly that the FPS is too high, easier solution, F4 to activate fps limiter.

or maybe the TAB key was pressed by mistake. The TAB keys doubles the game speed if the machine is able to do it.

Edit: you may need to press those two keys (F4 and TAB till getting the game running at the nominal speed) case both have been messed already.

Keeping the game windowed while doing so allows verifying the status at the title bar. you want the information that the limiter = normal and the FPS is around 60 for US/Japanese games (NTSC) or 50FPS for European games (PAL)

frame limiter was on (pcsx2 default settings) and my fps was 60 (NTSC). I did not press the tab key (i had FRAPS on, if the fps went up above 60 i should know)

(03-10-2014, 11:51 PM)peronmls Wrote: That will happen when loading and really bad on CD. What is the highest you frames are going? Maybe you could have turbo on by accident or something.

it has been the same DVD/iso file on my HDD so it's not a bad CD case

take note that : this sound bug happen on every games not only this game

here is another example

http://youtu.be/9ZKa7ds7o9s

setting synchronizing mode to Async Mix fix the problem but game giving me broken sound effect bzzz (like the sound when you open an empty channel on a CRT TV Wacko)

setting to "none" fix all the above problems but the audio wont sync at all (sound is slower than gameplay)
Try messing with the latency.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
switch from portaudio to xaudio
yea it was Xaudio 2
switch to portaudio and see if anything changes
switched to portaudio with synchronizing mode set to "none"

tested on 7 games and it's working fine .Audio isnt slower than gameplay anymore

i will test on further gameplays.