pnach file not working
i have dbz sparking meteor iso and i downloaded the pnach file from the pcsx2 site and i have all versions of pcsx2 from 0.9.6 and i placed the pnach in all the pcsx2s cheats or patches folder and i enabled the cheats i wanted and when i load pcsx2 1.0.0 in thelog it says no cheats found and i also tried all other pcsx2 versions i have but same result. what should i do please help

(11-05-2012, 04:26 PM)ultimategoku910 Wrote: i have dbz sparking meteor iso and i downloaded the pnach file from the pcsx2 site and i have all versions of pcsx2 from 0.9.6 and i placed the pnach in all the pcsx2s cheats or patches folder and i enabled the cheats i wanted and when i load pcsx2 1.0.0 in thelog it says no cheats found and i also tried all other pcsx2 versions i have but same result. what should i do please help

i also checked enable cheats

Sponsored links

If you have the installed version you may want to create (if not already existing) the directory "cheats" inside the PCSX2 folder inside your Documents folder.

You may find several folders there already. That PCSX2 folder Documents is to store ini files, saves and so on, not to install there ever.

Besides, when you start the game you should see a highlighted blue line looking like
Code:
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_209.79;1) Game CRC = 0xE2984005, EntryPoint = 0x00280008
Notice the CRC there, what you see there for the game you are playing is what must be the pnach name.

In the above example for the Suikoden IV with CRC E2984005 the pnach file must be named E2984005.pnach

Now... Most important make sure you have the explorer set to show file extensions, by default it is disabled and the actual extension is hidden so you may end with a file called E2984005.pnach.txt although you don't see the .txt there.

PS: case you need help doing that explorer thing, in Windows 7 navigate from the Organize -> View and search till finding the option "Show extension for known files" or something like it, make sure it is ticked.

In Windows 8, it's done directly from an actual open explorer window under the view tab, tick the box "File name extensions"
Imagination is where we are truly real
it showes 0xD9DC4A04
(11-05-2012, 04:45 PM)ultimategoku910 Wrote: it showes 0xD9DC4A04

so the file must be named D9DC4A04.pnach

Careful with that thing about windows may be hiding a .txt at the end which prevents the cheats to work.

PS: Notice that even when the "show extensions" is enabled, when you right click the file and chose rename, that extension is not directly selected. You must erase any eventual .txt extension generated when you edited the file in a text editor.
F28D21F1 is the pnach file i am tring to use and i enabled show extensions and it said .PNACH so it must be correct right
(11-05-2012, 05:04 PM)ultimategoku910 Wrote: F28D21F1 is the pnach file i am tring to use and i enabled show extensions and it said .PNACH so it must be correct right

Wait, yourself said the game's CRC is D9DC4A04

So you are trying to use cheats for the wrong game or the wrong game version. It may not end well even if you rename the file to the correct CRC.

PS: the use of that weird naming, CRC instead actual game names is to try and prevent errors that could make your saves unplayable (corrupted). For the CRC is calculated (not random) and unique for each game and game version.

Cheat codes are basicly addresses and what to put in these addresses, if you put things in the wrong address is the same as the postal service delivering correspondence to wrong houses... a total mess.
no pcsx2 is saying the first one but i have dbz sparking meteor and downloaded from miseru9 and i downloaded the right version
the crc is F28D21F1
(11-05-2012, 05:15 PM)ultimategoku910 Wrote: no pcsx2 is saying the first one but i have dbz sparking meteor and downloaded from miseru9 and i downloaded the right version
the crc is F28D21F1

Seems you did not understand yet, if PCSX2 says the CRC for that game version you have is D9DC4A04 then it is.

The game version you got the cheats is other... and could or could not work for you.

You may try it, all you need to do is changing the file name you downloaded to D9DC4A04.pnach (better yet making a copy so to keep the original).

Start the game and the console log will tell it found the file and loaded x cheats from it (x is the number of active lines there).

If the game loads, verify if the cheats worked... do it without saving... that is very important, make sure to not save the game till being sure the cheats worked as intended.

Just as example of how the game version can be different, you may have a PAL version and the code is for a NTSC version, or vice-versa. Not to mention regional and language versions.

Be aware that procedure of adapting the file name is not advisable, better would be you trying to find codes granted for the version you have.
i also have this problem but it has been going on for the past month now. i have the pnach file in the correct directory, but the emulator ignores the file. everything i searched about this topic simply ignored some of the more harder conflicts
please open your own thread.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]