posting to old threads
playing FF XII and got stuck in the Archades section where it required " 9 chops" to be able to ride the cab to the next area. Apparently there is a glitch (if cheats are being used) that causes the cab driver to not allow you to ride the cab even after collecting the 9 "chops".
I found a patch that fixes this in these forums...is it ok to reply to this thread, even if it is over a year old?
Specs
OS Win XP Pro 32...I know its old but I love it!
CPU Intel Core 2 Quad 2.66 OCed to 3.00 (nice safe OC running for 2 years)
2 G ram
Nvidia GTS 250

Sponsored links

If you are sure it works, go ahead. The reason I am saying this is in case of other users who will look at that thread in the future. I appreciate you asking before doing so.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(05-18-2014, 08:53 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: If you are sure it works, go ahead. The reason I am saying this is in case of other users who will look at that thread in the future. I appreciate you asking before doing so.

It worked for me, so I will go ahead and add a comment to the thread. Thanks for your quick reply!!!Biggrin
Specs
2 G ram
Nvidia GTS 250
guess I cannot reply cause the thread is marked "closed".
Specs
2 G ram
Nvidia GTS 250
I see that, since it was already necroed it got closed. Just then make a fresh thread about it, and hopefully anyone with the issue will see your thread. Put it in general discussion and support, and just explain the issue and attach the patch.
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Thank you and I will do what you suggested asap! what does "necroed" mean?
Specs
2 G ram
Nvidia GTS 250
posting in a really old thread.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(05-18-2014, 09:14 AM)Chum Wrote: Thank you and I will do what you suggested asap! what does "necroed" mean?

Lol necroed means necroposted. Necroposted means brought an old thread back from the dead. Like necromancy e.g. bringing people back from the dead.
I see, NECRO = DEAD!
Specs
2 G ram
Nvidia GTS 250
About the problem of necromancing threads. Some threads are naturally atemporal, meaning they don't touch subjects which may have been obsoleted or deprecated over time.

But that's is not the case of most threads on the specific PCSX2 development forums. The reason to disallow it is the original thread might refer to old versions and most replies in there would be outdated or plainly invalid by now. That's aggravated due to the reader is supposed to read at least the first page of each thread he looks upon.

So, to prevent the need of judging each case, better is creating new threads to actual problems, use this as rule of thumb.
Imagination is where we are truly real