problem with pcsx2 0.9.7
When i try to open the devil may cry 1 game with this version of the program it pops up an error that says ""cdvd plugin failed to open. your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers. press ok to go to the plugin configuration panel". I tryed to change all the plugins and different combinations of them, my computer is new and has everything that needs the program to run perfectly and i have read that this game works with this version of pcsx2, so... What do i have to do to make it work fine?

Sponsored links

Running the game from disc or ISO?

If running from ISO make sure it isn't being used in another program or mounted in a virtual drive.
If running form disc make sure to use cdvdGigaherz as CDVD plugin and set the option under the "CDVD" menu to Plugin instead of ISO.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
I´m running it from ISO, and my cdvd plugin is linuz ISO. By the way i have passed that error but now when i try to run the game the screen goes black but i can hear that it´s working (although the sound mutes like 10 seconds after i run it)
I think that game currently needs you to use the "EE cycle rate" speedhack to work, other than that post your settings so we can help better.
ee/iop - recompiler (both of them), chop zero, clamping mode: normal, flush to zero and denormals are zero.

vu´s - micro vu computer (both), chop zero, clamping mode: normal, flush to zero and denormals are zero.

gs
base framerate adjust: 100
slow motion adjust: 50
turbo adjust: 200
ntsc/pal framerate: 80
frame skipping: disabled
frames to draw and to skip: 60

gs windows
standard (4:3)
custom windows size: 640x480
hide window on suspend

speedhacks
enable speedhacks
ee cyclerate: 3
enable intc spin detection
enable wait loop detection
mvu flag hacks

plugins
gsdx 2190 (msvc 15.00, sse2) 0.1.15 [gsdx-sse2]
ssspsx pad pressure mod 1.7.1 [padssspsx]
zerospu2 r3567-dev 0.4.6 [zerospu2-r3878]
linuz iso cdvd 0.9.0 [cdvdiso-r3878]
usbnull driver 0.7.0 [usbnull]
fwnull driver 0.6.0 [fwnull]
dev9null driver 0.5.0 [dev9null]

bios
USA v01.60(07/02/2002)
when i configure the pcsx2.after set bios directory it is not showing bios
ok, i have made the game work fine in the pcsx2 0.9.6 but i dont know why i cant move dante (although i can make him attack and jump) and i have the controller plugin well configured. do you know why is this happening and how can i fix it?
Can you take a screenshot fo your lilypad controller settings? both the general and pad1 tabs.
http://img508.imageshack.us/i/easycapture1o.jpg/
http://img97.imageshack.us/i/easycapture2k.jpg/
You're missing both analog sticks to be configured there, you're probably need the left analog one to move in that game.