problems with pcsx2
Hello!

When I start games (for my trials I have chosen Final Fantasy X, Devil May Cry 1, Devil May Cry 3 Special Edition and Metal Gear Solid 3 - italian language) I have some problems:
- If I use the "System => Boot cd/dvd (Full)" the game begins from the ps2 browser (the screen with the memory cards and the dvd icon), and if I select the DVD image the emulator always returns to the ps2 browser screen.
- If I use the "System => Boot cd/dvd (Fast) the emulator plays the games, but I have some problems with it: in Final Fantasy X there are no sounds other to the normal music (for example, the sound you have when you choose option in menus, or when you scroll down them) and the sphere grid is not shown, and I can't use it (just as it doesn't exist)

My graphic plugin is gsdx10, latest version available.The direct x installed is the 11 one.

Moreover, when I load pcsx2, in the program log are shown these sentences:
"Some kinda plugin failure: (path to plugin)
File is not a valid dynamic library."

can someone help me?
I would like to play at least FFX with all sounds and the sphere grid....
Thanks in adavance Smile

Sponsored links

What exactly version of PCSX2 you have? Because "gsdx10" makes me think about some ancient versions of gsdx which were named that way;p. If you downloaded it from GSdx thread those ARE ancient versions. And if you get them from any other source, redownload whole pcsx2 package from official site ~ which you can find here(latest official releases) and here(automatic svn builds).
(10-06-2013, 08:07 PM)miseru99 Wrote: What exactly version of PCSX2 you have? Because "gsdx10" makes me think about some ancient versions of gsdx which were named that way;p. If you downloaded it from GSdx thread those ARE ancient versions. And if you get them from any other source, redownload whole pcsx2 package from official site ~ which you can find here(latest official releases) and here(automatic svn builds).

I have downloaded and installed it (after deleting the previous version), but the same thing happens again...I forgot to say that my bios is SCPH-39004 PAL

thhe sphere grid screen shows that there is a level 3 block but without showing it. I tried to use a sphere to pass the lock and it doesn't make me pass it...
What are your computer specs? Are your graphics drivers up-to-date?
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

(10-07-2013, 01:44 AM)DaTankAC Wrote: What are your computer specs? Are your graphics drivers up-to-date?

Processor: AMD Phenom 9650 Quad-core 2,30 ghz
2 GB ram
Graphics Card: Nvidia Geforce 8300 784 MB

I know that these aren't the best specs for playing with pcsx2, but I have used it last year to play with FFX and (with the problems I listed before) with the native resolution and without the "better graphic" options the emulator ran it normally...
the little thing you don't seem to know is that FFX is one of the "lightest" games to run under pcsx2...
to make it short, 2.30 Ghz won't be enough for mid to high demanding games and your GPU is severely weak, even @ native res for most games...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-07-2013, 10:03 PM)jesalvein Wrote: the little thing you don't seem to know is that FFX is one of the "lightest" games to run under pcsx2...
to make it short, 2.30 Ghz won't be enough for mid to high demanding games and your GPU is severely weak, even @ native res for most games...

I know what you are saying, and I tell you that with this emulator I would like to play only with FFX Smile
ok, so, problem solved, since you said you played FFX normally ?
(10-08-2013, 09:46 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ok, so, problem solved, since you said you played FFX normally ?

No no problem is not solved, yesterday I have found another thing:
- At the beginning of the game, when Rikku teaches you how to use grenades, the "Special" voice on the battle menu (in which you can choose grenades) doesn't show; I tried it three times and I have always met the same problem....

EDIT: I have mistaken in my last message, since I would like to say that pcsx2 plays FFX without slowing the game, but I always meet the same problems....sorry
wird
can you post the emulog after you reach this point, please ?