processor issues
I have a pc with a geforce 9800 gt AMD atlon 64 4800+ x2 of 2.5ghz with 3 gb of ram. what i want to know is why when I run the game of dbz infinite world the credits at the beginning are running from 50 to 60 fps but when the intro cames up it goes down to 17fps. does this was to do with my processor or is just the emulator . sorry for my English.

Sponsored links

maybe its ur cpu that holding u..
try some speedhacks for a start..
nway post ur specs n plugins u use here..
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
pcsx2 version?
If you aren't already, use the r1888 version from the beta section in the forums. 2.5 ghz is a bit slow for 3d games on pcsx2 without the use of speedhacks. Try it with the speedhacks and see what happens. (If you are using 0.9.6, i noticed the GSDX plugin in that doesn't do 3d well on older systems, the one that comes with r1888 handles 3d like a dream on older systems suchs as yours or mine, with the proper configuration you can play 3d games at playable speeds with only a few drawbacks that can be over looked.)

Suggestions for Getting speed:
1) use r1888
2) use latest plugins
3) use VU cycle steal(some people are against, some people are for it. It made FFX and XII run like a dream on my 2.0ghz machine. the only draw back is you get some slowdowns here and there, but nothing too bad. It will break games at higher settings so my suggestion would be to test your game with each level of the setting til you find one that works for you and the drawbacks to it aren't gameplay destroying)
4) DO NOT USE FRAMESKIP. As much as it will give you 60fps. I've come to learn that frame skip and 3d do NOT get along very well.
5) Use speed hacks(be sure to test them and make sure they dont break the game. if they don't more power to you, more often than not though, the speedhacks do not break the game, its usually only a rare chance that they will)
i had AMD 4600+ and got 30-40 fps from FFX on 0.9.6.
I think you can get more with new speedhacks in the current beta.
But it is different for each game. dbz could be much demanding to the CPU (i dont know).

i've tried many games on pcsx2, best emulating experience I've got is from FFX.
Phenom II X4 940 3 Ghz / 8 gb RAM 800 / Geforce GTX 460 / win7 64
(12-15-2009, 02:48 PM)tohdom Wrote: i had AMD 4600+ and got 30-40 fps from FFX on 0.9.6.
I think you can get more with new speedhacks in the current beta.
But it is different for each game. dbz could be much demanding to the CPU (i dont know).

i've tried many games on pcsx2, best emulating experience I've got is from FFX.

I have a C2D t7300. with the current speedhacks on, i get a flawless 60fps in FFX and FF12 i get 60fps most of the time, but that sometimes will dip to the low 50's depending on the situation.
------------
CPU: Core I7 Q720
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT240M
Ram: 4 gigs
well i am using the 0.9.6 version all ready configured and i use speed hack cycle 2 or 3 but the thing is that my properties of my pc show me that i have 2.5ghz but when i open up the emulator it tells me that i only have 1.5 ghz and also the program cpuspeedpro tells me that i have 1.5ghz is there any reason why my pc does that.
(12-15-2009, 11:49 PM)01rafa123 Wrote: well i am using the 0.9.6 version all ready configured and i use speed hack cycle 2 or 3 but the thing is that my properties of my pc show me that i have 2.5ghz but when i open up the emulator it tells me that i only have 1.5 ghz and also the program cpuspeedpro tells me that i have 1.5ghz is there any reason why my pc does that.

I get random readings too, but i know for a fact that my processor is what it is cuz i installed it myself. But every now and then PCSX2 reads it as 2.5ghz and such.
------------
CPU: Core I7 Q720
Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GT240M
Ram: 4 gigs
It could be a power saving feature being active, try to check while running pcsx2 then it should show the correct speed.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(12-16-2009, 12:41 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: It could be a power saving feature being active, try to check while running pcsx2 then it should show the correct speed.
bro thanks so much you solve my problem with this know it runs up to 50 fps
but do you thing that is better to get a another amd with 3.5 ghz . and if changing to high performance will heat my pc to much.