Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
programing things
What is more easy writing pcsx2 in small basic,microscoft visual basic or
c....?

Sponsored links

(10-25-2009, 06:27 PM)stefano Wrote: What is more easy writing pcsx2 in small basic,microscoft visual basic or
c....?

C, no contest.

As far as I know, Basic (and VBasic) don't expose the hardware necessary to do the sorts of things PCSX2 needs to do to run.

Maybe you could hack together a build chain to get something close, but inevitably it'll be a VBasic program linking to a library written in C that does all the hard work. The only advantage would be a nice GUI creator, but the team is already hard at work on that Tongue
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(10-25-2009, 06:46 PM)echosierra Wrote:
(10-25-2009, 06:27 PM)stefano Wrote: What is more easy writing pcsx2 in small basic,microscoft visual basic or
c....?

C, no contest.

As far as I know, Basic (and VBasic) don't expose the hardware necessary to do the sorts of things PCSX2 needs to do to run.

Maybe you could hack together a build chain to get something close, but inevitably it'll be a VBasic program linking to a library written in C that does all the hard work. The only advantage would be a nice GUI creator, but the team is already hard at work on that Tongue
Which program do I need to have which tape of c write it and some education videos in which they make emulator
... there are people making educational videos about writing emulators?
Hmm.. maybe I should start practicing my marketing speech now:

"... and after watching my step-by-step instructional video, YOU too can become the greatest emulation coder in the world."
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(11-16-2009, 01:38 PM)Air Wrote: ... there are people making educational videos about writing emulators?
Hmm.. maybe I should start practicing my marketing speech now:

"... and after watching my step-by-step instructional video, YOU too can become the greatest emulation coder in the world."

Good speech but what about other question what is full name of program?
c....?
(11-16-2009, 01:32 PM)stefano Wrote: Which program do I need to have which tape of c write it and some education videos in which they make emulator

if you have to ask those questions, then you're not ready to make an emulator ;p

if you plan on making an emulator, first pick up some programming language like c# or java, then move onto c/c++, and start with a basic chip8 or similar console. (or read the source code of your favorite emulator)

this stuff takes years of learning so its a serious commitment if you want to do it.
Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
(11-16-2009, 02:05 PM)cottonvibes Wrote:
c....?
(11-16-2009, 01:32 PM)stefano Wrote: Which program do I need to have which tape of c write it and some education videos in which they make emulator

if you have to ask those questions, then you're not ready to make an emulator ;p

if you plan on making an emulator, first pick up some programming language like c# or java, then move onto c/c++, and start with a basic chip8 or similar console. (or read the source code of your favorite emulator)

this stuff takes years of learning so its a serious commitment if you want to do it.

I think I tried c or c++ I didnt do anything......I made lot of stuff
in small basic and visual basic,........so if I understand the emulator is writed in c++
(11-16-2009, 02:13 PM)stefano Wrote:
(11-16-2009, 02:05 PM)cottonvibes Wrote:
c....?

I think I tried c or c++ I didnt do anything......I made lot of stuff
in small basic and visual basic,........so if I understand the emulator is writed in c++

Yes, it is written in C++.

But knowing the language is just the beginning. Coding is really something of an art; it only takes a month or three to learn but a lifetime to master.

As cottonvibes said, if you have to ask where to begin then you aren't ready. This doesn't mean you aren't good enough, just that you haven't seen enough code for the structure to become obvious.
You could be told how it all functions at the abstract level, but then you'll be stuck with that pre-conceived notion of how it all "should" work until you internalize and really understand how it all "does" work.

But don't let that dissuade you! There are no shortcuts, but if you really want to learn then there are always ways to succeed.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Programming is essentially one of the most brain-killing professions in existence; Anyone with a capacity for understanding patterns can pretty much self-teach themselves how to code using a certain language but formulating logic is something else. If you cannot break down a scenario or task into step-by-step instructions that a computer can understand then you are not really up to the task.
c/c++ is not enough, you should leant ASM too. ASM do have direct acces and manipulation to your hardware.
If you download the PS2 bios illegally, you are breaking the law. Courts around the world have ruled that businesses and individuals can be prosecuted for illegal downloading.
[Image: makemydaynow.jpg]