ps3 controller setup
I'm using lilypad plugins and i see vert axis and horiz axis im guessing thats like

up/right, up/left, down/left, down/right but when i set the vert axis and click horiz axis it overwrites the vert axis... and when in game when i push the analog stick like that up/right etc... it makes me walk slow instead of running like on Kingdom Hearts I push it and my guy walks so I have to go and set my d-pad to move instead of analog stick =\ is there a way i can download a fully set ps3 controller config for this so all the buttons are set up properly like a normal ps2 controller?

Thanks~

Sponsored links

This happens because something is being overly sensitive in detecting the analog sticks being moved. Either the plugin or the OS, I'm not sure. I have this problem every time I have to redo my key config, it takes a few tries but eventually gets to what I want. I suppose you could try turning down sensitivities in the control panel until you get everything set.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(07-28-2009, 05:25 AM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: This happens because something is being overly sensitive in detecting the analog sticks being moved. Either the plugin or the OS, I'm not sure. I have this problem every time I have to redo my key config, it takes a few tries but eventually gets to what I want. I suppose you could try turning down sensitivities in the control panel until you get everything set.

Is there anyway you could send me it your file with your controller config?

No matter what I do I can't get the up/right etc.. to work.
You sure you have your controller set up properly? Go into control panel and make sure the analog sticks respond the way they are supposed to there as well.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Problem may be an incorrectly centered (Calibrated) axis. Controller may be sending 0 for both axes, then when it detects movement on one, sending the incorrectly centered value for the other axis, which is greater than the value of the axis you are actually pressing.

I could be wrong about the problem. I have played around a lot with the various binding sensitivity parameters, without much luck at getting things perfect for all cases. Generally if you just play with it a bit, you can get it to work. Depending on the specifics how how your device behaves, having it pressed as far as it goes to either side of the axis you don't want to bind when you press the bind button, and then moving it perpendicular to the direction you have it pressed may help. Or it may bind the direction you have it pressed.

Part of the problem is that the way I have to work, binding from a window that can't continuously listen to all devices when focused. As I can only start monitoring all devices when you click the bind button, any funkiness related to initial device state/return values appears while binding, rather than being taken care of beforehand. I read the state once or twice before binding to try and take care of it, but that doesn't work perfectly.