Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ps3 operation system on deskto pc
as you know you can install the 95,98, xp, vista,win7,linux, and mac operation systems on the ps3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-CrEAzpuxc

that's a little bit wird, because you can install all operation sytems to the ps3 and you can use them almost perfectly.

I would like to know the real name of the ps3 operation system,
and is there anyway to install this system to a desktop pc?

Sponsored links

it's propriatary, and runs on the cell prossessor specifically, it will not run on a normal PC. and in fact XP/linux etc. are emulated on the PS3, if you look closer, there is not OpenGL to speak of on the cell processor (for example)
Wrong section, moved.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
yes, the ps3 only emulates the xp and the other operation systems.
it means if we want to see the ps3 on our desktop pc we have to emulate the ps3.

and now this is impossible. but 2 years ago the wii was also impossible.

-emulate wii games, no way impossible, connect wii mote and nunchuck to the real pc impossible, we need quad core, 10 gb ram, crossfire etc...

everyone said this and now.....we can play with all wii games at full speed, and the number of the dev team from 2 increased to 56 (this is the reason why they update the emu so frequently).
oh, and i almost forgot we can connect to the real pc the wii mote, nunchuck, wii fit and the other wii equipments.

so, the ps3 emulation is not impossible.
the Wii is possible because it is VERY low-end hardware, about the same as the PS2 and gamecube. PS3 itself is 6 cores, all custom, highest GPU that money could buy at the time, etc. We won't match it for a LONG time to come.
and if we don't want to emulate the ps3?

i mean, we know all console games developed on pc and somehow they ported these games to ps3.
there should be a way to port back to pc. I know this is possible, before this time i saw some soul calibur 4 videos on the gametrailers (how they developed) and the game programmer said...... we always tested all namco games on pc first, because this is the easiest way to find bugs.

he said something like this.

in other words, on the internet there should be a programme and with this pogramme we can play (testing) ps3 games.........maybe.......
Quote:i mean, we know all console games developed on pc and somehow they ported these games to ps3.
It's not exact truth. Programmer use PC workstation to wrote a program, that run on special development variant of PS3. This programs are never supposed to be run on workstation (usually workstation lack video acceleration). When programmer compiled his code, he do it on workstation but for target platform.

p.S. porting to another OS is hard work and require a full source code. Binary code allow only emulation.
(06-23-2010, 09:41 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote:
Quote:i mean, we know all console games developed on pc and somehow they ported these games to ps3.
It's not exact truth. Programmer use PC workstation to wrote a program, that run on special development variant of PS3. This programs are never supposed to be run on workstation (usually workstation lack video acceleration). When programmer compiled his code, he do it on workstation but for target platform.

p.S. porting to another OS is hard work and require a full source code. Binary code allow only emulation.

only for the game........

for example there is a ps3 demo, which is freeware if someone download this game, how can this person get the full source code?
It's impossible to obtain a source code for proprietary product (well, someone could steal this code or purchase it for millions). Freeware is not free at all, it's proprietary but redistributable.
but the game porting would be the only way now.....