Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
psp and ps3 sdk?
hey i have heard that sony official psp and ps3 sdk have been leaked.Is it like emulator?Is it legal?
one of my friends said me that news and he is downloading through "i should not tell"

Sponsored links

Nope not legal. The pure fact that they have 'leaked' and not 'released' should give you the idea Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
but what about emulation?is it emulator?or is it helpful to hack ps3 and psp?
No nothing to do with emulation. SDK stands for software development kit, which is what Sony gives to the game developers for their consoles so they can start coding their games. The documents of the SDKs are useful for emulation because of the info they have about how the console works.
(12-08-2009, 10:13 AM)Bositman Wrote: No nothing to do with emulation. SDK stands for software development kit, which is what Sony gives to the game developers for their consoles so they can start coding their games. The documents of the SDKs are useful for emulation because of the info they have about how the console works.

So we can think sony's secret of ps3 blue ray disk have also leaked?
and hacking ps3 games is just a matter of time.
Don't think software developers for the PS3 would need to know anything about piracy protections so I don't think so Tongue Who knows.
(12-08-2009, 10:16 AM)xboxflyer Wrote:
(12-08-2009, 10:13 AM)Bositman Wrote: No nothing to do with emulation. SDK stands for software development kit, which is what Sony gives to the game developers for their consoles so they can start coding their games. The documents of the SDKs are useful for emulation because of the info they have about how the console works.

So we can think sony's secret of ps3 blue ray disk have also leaked?
and hacking ps3 games is just a matter of time.
IF all members off pcsx2 know everything about pcsx2 and programing the pcsx2 would be perfect now like pcsx-emulator for ps1:it runs perfect all games......Smile
Even if a PS3 SDK "somehow" got into the hands of a person with the knowledge of how to use it, you'd still have to get around the code signing.
Actual game development is done on special consoles that are purpose-built, and the code created cannot run on consumer PS3's without being approved and signed by Sony.

The signing is effectively unbreakable without some major flaw in the implementation (I'm looking at you, Nintendo) and circumvention is the only way. As far as I know, there are no known exploits to get around the code signing for the PS3, until now all homebrew has been through the Java VM built into the blueray playback system; but even that's getting closed off with each patch.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
(12-08-2009, 10:18 AM)Bositman Wrote: Don't think software developers for the PS3 would need to know anything about piracy protections so I don't think so Tongue Who knows.

hmm,i do not think so.here

and here

.anyway thanks
(12-08-2009, 10:37 AM)xboxflyer Wrote:
(12-08-2009, 10:18 AM)Bositman Wrote: Don't think software developers for the PS3 would need to know anything about piracy protections so I don't think so Tongue Who knows.

hmm,i do not think so.here

and here

.anyway thanks

That still doesn't mean the SDK has anything on the security systems. It's by design outside the control of game software, there's a very good chance it isn't even referenced. Not worth the potential jail time just to check Tongue

Unless I see a verified un-moded PS3 running native homebrew, I can't decide between calling "shenanigans" or "bs".
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi