psxc2 on a netbook - successfully.
I will post a youtube video later(after I make one hah), as I am away for long weekend.

anyways

I have an ASUS 1201N, with stock ram (2GB of 1GB x 2)

Using minimum settings, using ASROCK to overclock to 1.8 GHZ, and not overclocking the gpu

running w7 x64 ultimate

no unecessary drivers / programs running

running psx2 on minimum settings, speed hacks on, nullsound, and playing full screen mode

I get between 34-42 FPS in FF12 and like 38-43 in FFX, I havent tried some lower end PS2 games yet, but star ocean 3 was running around 40 fps in battles so.. it's playable on a netbook.. haha.

If i did what some guides suggest, and change my memory timings, and tweak my cooling setup and do some other stuff, I can get another 300 mhz out of my cpu, and I can overclock my gpu (450 mgz base) to 550mhz safely (according to other people). I could theoretically reach 46 fps maybe even break 50. who knows.....

I'd imagine next year there will be netbooks capable of 60 fps, I will buy one immediately.

as of right now I can play FFX with no problems, battles are actually VERY high FPS , only the fields are low.. hah.

FF12 is playable only due to the fact that it's a fire and forget game similar but not the same as turn based.

games like star ocean or tales of x, might not be playable (fun) because they wouldn't run at full speed.

Sponsored links

huh? how did you managed to do that? what kind of netbook are you using? gpu?
I also posted yesterday some screenshots of Disgaea 2 running on a netbook (one of the simplest game to emulate) and the most that I could get was 45 fps (granted, the processor wasn't overclocked, but still)
what tools did you used?
My Laptop:
CPU: intel T4200 @ 2.0 ghz
GPU: Intel GMA X4500M
Ram: 3 Gb DDR2
SO: WinVista Home Premium // Windows 7 Ultimate x32
I tried on my netbook a year ago (Atom 1.6 (at 2.1GHz), Intel GMA 950, 1GB RAM), got full FPS in the BIOS Tongue
Intel Core i5 3570 | 8GB DDR3 | Radeon HD6870 | Windows 7
You should post your CPU and GPU for precise discussion ...
C2Q Q9550 - 3.9Ghz
8GB DDR1067
EVGA GTX260*2 (SLI)
WD Black 1TB*2 (RAID 0)
Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro
Sorry for my poor English >"<
(04-04-2010, 06:26 AM)kirisame Wrote: You should post your CPU and GPU for precise discussion ...

Netbook = ASUS 1201N

it has a N330 cpu and a nvidia ION GPU
GPU is running at 450MHZ (stock)
dunno what the ram is, but it's running at stock everything (speed, timings etc)

cpu is 1.66 normally, I overclocked it to 1.8 with ASROCK.. google it..free download, google how to make it work for other netbooks.

The N330 CPU has hyperthreading and is a dual core CPU, so it multi tasks very very well

when I have time, I will figure out how to mess with the ram timings, and/or buy better ram, and see if I can't break 2.1 GHZ like some people have claimed, and get 50+ fps in pscx2

i don't see the point of screenshots
run psxc2 at 640x480, that's what it looks like.

however I WILL make a video when I get some time
I'm getting this Netbook soon for an upcoming trip (Asus 1201N)....any other results on pcsx2 would be greatly appreciated....

I love a netbook with 4 logical cores in task manager...just beautiful

[Image: cores.jpg]

I hear it can go up to 2.2-2.4 ghz if done right....the gpu (ion 2) is said to be stable up to 550-600 MHZ core and 1200 Memory... the 128 bit bus is better than the 64 bit one on the HP mini 311, but still kinda narrow for serious pcsx2...

However just the fact that there are one or two Netbooks now capable of semi-decent PCSX2 performance is simply amazing....not to mention 30fps in Crysis....I bet an easy game like Capcom vs SNK 2 would be easy for it...even at stock 1.6 ghz...

A 2.0 ghz dual core now adays is said to be equivilant in speed to a P4 @ 3.7 ghz to 4.0 ghz (Prescott) and the extra quad hyper-threading would make it all the better...

I know a Atom n450 with 1.66 and ht gets the same as my old Prescott at 4.0 ghz in Everest CPU benchmark...

Let me know how it goes...

The previous Atom single cores with HT didn't stand a chance at PCSX2, but now that there's genuine dual-core with HT, things might look a little better....TongueTongueTongue
Q9550 @ 4.0 GHZ 24/7
4 GB Kingston valueram
Gigabyte EP45 UD3L p45 Mobo
Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 OC Edition

Asus 1201N Quad-Thread CPU @ 1.6 GHZ /Nvidia ION Netbook Coming Soon...
my LG (atom 1.6GHz, 1GB of RAM, Intel GMA 128MB) can run pcsx2 on windows 7 ultimate and it runs very slow. I run it with Pcsx2 r1888 with the most minimum settings and play Ar tonelico II. On battle, i get average about 33-50 fps (sometimes 55), on conversation with image, got about 50fps. and when i'm running, got about 20-35 fps.

Can i get more fps ? Well i can if i overclock it. But i don't know how to use the ASROCK. any other suggestions ?
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(04-11-2010, 01:22 PM)ikazu Wrote: my LG (atom 1.6GHz, 1GB of RAM, Intel GMA 128MB) can run pcsx2 on windows 7 ultimate and it runs very slow. I run it with Pcsx2 r1888 with the most minimum settings and play Ar tonelico II. On battle, i get average about 33-50 fps (sometimes 55), on conversation with image, got about 50fps. and when i'm running, got about 20-35 fps.

Can i get more fps ? Well i can if i overclock it. But i don't know how to use the ASROCK. any other suggestions ?

For ASROCK OC Tuner to work, you need a ASROCK manufactured Motherboard. you will need MSI Overclocking tool if your sig stats are right.
Click image for Prev. rigs Cool
[Image: MYNEWPCGII.png]
(04-11-2010, 01:22 PM)ikazu Wrote: my LG (atom 1.6GHz, 1GB of RAM, Intel GMA 128MB) can run pcsx2 on windows 7 ultimate and it runs very slow. I run it with Pcsx2 r1888 with the most minimum settings and play Ar tonelico II. On battle, i get average about 33-50 fps (sometimes 55), on conversation with image, got about 50fps. and when i'm running, got about 20-35 fps.

for a 1.6ghz Atom that's even better than I expected....but having used the equivilant (an p4 478 ht at 4.0 ghz) i can see why that is playable...

Good luck TongueTongueTongue
Q9550 @ 4.0 GHZ 24/7
4 GB Kingston valueram
Gigabyte EP45 UD3L p45 Mobo
Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 OC Edition

Asus 1201N Quad-Thread CPU @ 1.6 GHZ /Nvidia ION Netbook Coming Soon...
The ion chipset is going to be the dealbreaker, methinks. Intel's GMA in basically every other netbook just isn't going to cut it.

Doesn't help that most Atoms are single-core, either. PCSX2 doesn't like single-cores.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi