Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
question about performance of the emulator.
First I would just like to say that I am very impressed of the emulator.
Amazing work from the devs!

Anyway all my games that I own ran fine in Pcsx2(god of war 1-2, star ocean 3, tale of the abyss, x-men legends etc.)

It looks way better on my FullHD monitor then on my Tv, especially with 720x480 in 4x instead of native.

Im just amazed on how well this emulator performs.

That said, I notice some slow downs from time to time if I dont use speedhacks.

now to my question

will an Intel Core i7 Quad 860 2,8GHz s1156 processor out perform my AMD Athlon X2 245 @ 3.6Ghz?

cause to be honest I noticed no difference from going 2.9GHz(stock) to 3.4GHz-3.6GHz overclocked.

say that I run them both @ 3.2ghz will the intel i7 outperform the Amd x2?
Now I know the emulator don't use more then 2 cores, but I have read on these forums and people say that they have like 70-200fps with limiter off etc.

I run my games so close to 50-60fps as possible but sometimes it goes down to 40fps(enter hall of hades on God of war 1 as example).
AMD Athlon II X4 635@3.6GHz(pscx2 runs great @ stock 2.9GHz)
4GB 1066MHZ DDR
Geforce GTX460 768MB

Sponsored links

Yes, the i7 should out perform the AMD X2. Ummm, have you try lowering the Internal Res to 3x, going too high will impact performance a lot.

Even I get some performance impact in some games when using 4x scaling with my GTX 275.

Edit: This thread should give you an idea of how the 2 processors perform: http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-CPU-Bench...d-on-FFX-2
Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.6Ghz
6GB DDR3 RAM
Nvidia 275 GTX Co-Op
HDD 2x750GB Raid 0
Mobo - Asus P6T
OCZ Game XStream 700W
Window 7 Ultimate
It's the 512MB on that 4850. I had a 4870 512MB and it just couldn't handle x4 scaling. Try lowering it down to x3 or x2.
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
Thanks alot for the info and the link!

And dr_thrax I feel silly to have to have you say it. Ofcourse the fps increased when I OC the CPU asöong as I went native or 2x in the pluging(duuh).

I cant freakin belive that an emulator is kicking my slims ass in quality,
Just some minor speed hacks or none at all and async on the sound and voila.

and for the first time ever no freakin sound from the loading from my cds(got a irritating sound when my ps2 is reading discs).
4GB 1066MHZ DDR
Geforce GTX460 768MB
Welcome to the emulation world Smile

In time, the scaling is over the original resolution, if using anything else than 1x it does not matter what you put in the boxes. That said is easy to see 2X is doubled the original resolution and the square of VRAM used... 3 for cube and you get the idea (actually less but...).
Imagination is where we are truly real
Get a better GPU if you get fullspeed on native or 2x that's your bottleneck and proves that your cpu is fast enough for the game you're playing.
(07-12-2010, 11:34 AM)naoan Wrote: Get a better GPU if you get fullspeed on native or 2x that's your bottleneck and proves that your cpu is fast enough for the game you're playing.

aye i bought an GTX460 768mb from nvidia and it did wonders for the upscaling running now perfectly in 1920x1080.
4GB 1066MHZ DDR
Geforce GTX460 768MB
Why of course. Oh and like all else, a good processor and a graphics card will surely improve the overall performance.
Cpu: Intel i7 920 @ 2.67Ghz (3.6Ghz OC)
Mobo: MSI X58 Pro-E
GPU: ATI Radeon 5850 Basic
12GB ram 1600 Corsiar
1.5 HDD
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
And me! Tongue