Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
random question
seeing that pcsx2 doesnt support quad cores does this mean a 3.0ghz dual core will out perform a quad 2.2ghz?

Sponsored links

not neccesarily. Mellow (not sure Blush think i'm spamming)
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja
Yes it will,there has been a nice test comparing the quad vs dual core at same clocks too.
Check it here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2602.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
need help regarding "GS plugin failed to initialize" message!!!
(03-11-2009, 02:32 AM)Bositman Wrote: Yes it will,there has been a nice test comparing the quad vs dual core at same clocks too.
Check it here: http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2602.html

In that case, would it be worth the money to go from a Quad Core Q6600 2.40GHz to a Dual Core with 3.0GHz+ (what would be the better way to go)?
I got the Quad Core because it was a real deal ($120), but now that prices are lower...
or hope that quad cores get supported soon Smile
(03-11-2009, 07:48 AM)kabubu Wrote: or hope that quad cores get supported soon Smile

Yeah, me too, but will they (the PCSX2 devs) really consider it? I mean, even if they did consider implementing it, wouldn't it be a very time consuming/tedious process? I don't want to OC my processor since that voids the warranty and risks frying the CPU.
From the faq:
Quote:Does the emulator support 4 cores?

No, currently only 2 cores are supported. To make Pcsx2 efficiently use 3 or more cores will require major code changes. So don't ask when quad-core support will be available, since it won't be anytime soon! However, pcsx2 will run fine on your quadcore cpu. It just won't benefit from the extra 2 cores

so I'd assume it would be quite a lot of work to do.
(03-11-2009, 08:54 PM)Saiki Wrote: From the faq:
Quote:Does the emulator support 4 cores?

No, currently only 2 cores are supported. To make Pcsx2 efficiently use 3 or more cores will require major code changes. So don't ask when quad-core support will be available, since it won't be anytime soon! However, pcsx2 will run fine on your quadcore cpu. It just won't benefit from the extra 2 cores

So, then should I just get a dual core so PCSX2 will benefit from just the two cores and not have unused cores? If so, which dual core CPU has the best deal?
yea, dual core for PCSX2 is best, as far as "a deal" you could check newegg.com for some, but otherwise, no clue (mine's even a lowend E2200)