ratchet deadlocked?
is there anyway to boost FPS in this game to 40-50 on my current machine?

GeForce 9500 GT video card
2 gig RAM
Intel Dual Core 2.6 gig processor

as it stands now, i can't seem to get a right combination with this game. i hang out at about 20 FPS, although perhaps it's the graphical glitches? the walls and textures are supposed to be environment skins but the game just tiles out the upper portion of the HUD.

Sponsored links

no one likes deadlocked or something? lol, i just wanna know if someone's found a way with the current hacks/beta 1474 to boost FPS by a noticable amount. frankly, i haven't the slightest when it comes to these hacks, so i wouldn't know which ones to play around with
Try enabling the speedhacks "x2 cycle rate" and "vu cycle stealing" set to slight/moderate see if there's any difference.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
VU cycle stealing seems to break the game, however sound indicates it's full speed there lol. instead, it shows a previous loading image and just keeps that on screen. it seems the textures appear normal when close up, but far away it's the wrong image displayed. is there a way to lower the background clipping to something shorter?

it seems the enemies appearing slowdown by about 5-10 fps, but i'm still hovering in the 30 fps range. would more RAM or something give me much better results? again i'm clueless about this kinda thing Sad
no, more ram won't help, 2gb is enough. main factor is the cpu, some games are also quite gpu demanding. and screenshots of the glitches and your pcsx2+plugin config could help us to help you Wink
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
http://members.lycos.co.uk/howthehell/settings.PNG

for some reason lycos is being terrible and i couldn't upload the attached image. i pretty much had all my settings at default, because i wasn't sure what i could enable to not break it. my fault for not saying this sooner

i hope the above linked image isn't too cluttered, but i felt placing them all on the same would be easier than opening multiple images to view it all. if it is, i have no problem making separate files

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

try if it's faster without the "microvu" options checked, and disabling "allow 8-bit textures" might help a bit, too. but if the "vu cycle stealing" hack really breaks your game, then you're probably out of luck. seems that this game needs quite some cpu power. the settings pic is ok, fits perfectly to my 1920x1200 res Laugh are the graphical glitches the same if you change the clamp/round modes?
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
i can't turn off VU mode otherwise it ends up in limbo, aka the loading screen forever bug. however a few changes on the VU mode clamp settings did fix a little bit of the glitches, but only about 5% or so.

damn you insomniac for making games uncompatible with pcsx2 Sad
I know this is an old thread, but how did you get Deadlocked to load at all? I can get through the first cinematic, but after that the game just goes to 0% cpu on the DreadZone Station loading screen.
I actually don't have Deadlocked i have Gladiator the PAL version but anyways. I have the same problem but it also seems that everytime i get to a certain point the game freezes and im not talking about the loading planet screen i can get past that I'm pretty sure its my disk but i really want to play. Ideas anyone?

By the way i attached a photo of where i get to when it stops but the file was to big so you have to use win RAR to see it.

Also you may think im a one post wonder because this is my first one but everyone has to have a first post sometime.

Attached Files
.rar   gsdx_20100528195241.rar (Size: 248,87 KB / Downloads: 468)
Reviving my PS2 is with my computer is prooving to be a harder feat than at first thought.Laugh