reviving pnach "patch" explorer and it's modernization
any future chance to revive the patch browser
i should rename as pnach browser

w/ this you can add/remove/enable/disable any of the addresses.
w/o shutdown to restarting emulation after you enable/disable cheats.

CE for example you pick an address you want to change
and deleting the current active cheat address.

reviving and re-modernizing the per pnach system per game title of pcsx2 is worth a try:
*original contents in the pnach file must be displayed in the pnach window this will serve as a clipboard and non-editable.
*draggable address w/c means you can drag any address from the clipboard you wish to put in the active cheat panel. can be remove anytime by dragging the current active cheat address out of the pnach window.
or provide checkbox to toggle enable/disable cheat.
*pnach browser window must also display the game CRC in the window bar.

*this modernization should not apply w/ WS patches since it's seperate w/ cheats and WSpatch folder.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel

Sponsored links

I miss PCSX2's built in cheat search engine while we're at it on random requests Wink
[Image: 2748844.png]
Speaking of modernization, it would be cool if simple IF conditions could be used to determine whether a patch should be applied or not Tongue
unlike CE

when the game is loading together w/ the pnach provided
from the pcsx2 program log "Overall cheats loaded xx"
it will be posted in the upper part of the pnach window screen
this portion cannot be edited.
editing a pnach must be done under Notepad or PCSX2CE tool

select the address and press the south-east arrow button to add to the active cheat address and toggle it on/off using the checkbox
and press trash-can icon to remove the address.

dragging is necessary just like the memory card menu window.

i draw my blueprint see my attachment
(09-20-2013, 02:22 PM)smartstrike Wrote: i draw my blueprint see my attachment

You drew it with a potato.
There's 1 little detail;p, if you use search you would find that ideas like that come and go from many different people, the problem is nobody's actually willing to do it. So yeah potato job will not do here.

To make idea a reality first post the code then we can discuss about adding it to pcsx2, it just will rather never work the other way because first of all cheating isn't a priority, and also it already works pretty well with most users already being used to pnach system and have pnach files already set to never need to look at them again. The only true problem with current implementation is that while we have a code for all important code types in pcsx2 already, nobody knows(or at least nobody skilled enough checked it) why some fails to work at all or work with basic arguments only.

Edit: Oh and actually PCSX2 doesn't need a restart to enable/disable the cheats;p, it does suck a bit, but all you have to do is refresh gui or whatever, savestate, loadstate, or even moving a slider inside pcsx2 log will do that, it does sound stupid especially the last one, but that's how most of us deal with it;p.
(09-20-2013, 03:04 PM)Coornio Wrote: You drew it with a potato.

i feel disgrace -_-

btw i want more on this reviving/modernization of pnach browser system like generating a *.pnach format file
i read some threads conflicting the file format types is pnach is turning like a txt file.
therefore we may want to add a pnach generator of "save as pnach" format to avoid unread as a notepad txt file format.
OR may want to unify the PCSX2CE to be include in the pnach brower system to be more convinient.

(09-20-2013, 04:23 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Edit: Oh and actually PCSX2 doesn't need a restart to enable/disable the cheats;p, it does suck a bit, but all you have to do is refresh gui or whatever, savestate, loadstate, or even moving a slider inside pcsx2 log will do that, it does sound stupid especially the last one, but that's how most of us deal with it;p.
does it include suspend/resume?