running Dynasty Warriors Gundam 2
using PCSX2 0.9.7 (r3878)

my specs are as follows

CM 690 II Advance/ASUS Sabertooth x58/ Intel i7-950/SLI GTX MSI 460 Hawk Talon Attack/
PNY XLR8 6gb DDR3 1600/ Hyper Cooler 212+

btw does pcsx2 beat a ps2 on component cables as in visuals? Just wondering. Obviously the fat PS3 would look better but I unfortunately dont have one

so i wonder if pcsx2 or ps2 w/components

Sponsored links

I've also noticed in game that my HUD will flicker or disappear and come back. Same with some mobile suits, bosses, etc.

i had some screen shaking but going through the interlaces fixed that
Well, what PCSX2 is capable of is greater. Higher internal resolution, plus Anti-Aliasing.

The HUD disappears? I bet it wouldn't in software mode, but then you'll lose precious resolution! Sad

Are you using speedhacks?
i dont think so? I'm sorta new to this emulation program so i cant say i am. i pretty much have all plug ins set to DX11 and stuff

Are there like set setting i can use for this game?
nvm it seems i did but shutting them off fixed everything. I wonder, when i hit F5, which interlace is best?
Well, I'm not familiar with this specific game. It depends on the game, so just go with what looks best. Smile

I could suggest you get some text on the game screen and cycle through the interlacing options. See which one is clearer, or not bouncing.
Actually, PCSX2 kicks the PS3's ass in visual quality for PS2... That's because the PS3 still uses the PS2 VU's and then applies a terrible blur filter on top of it... In fact, the image actually looks WORSE than a real PS2 in many situations. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/793/793775p1.html

PCSX2 on the other hand isn't limited to the actual PS2, it can actually render the 3d images at nearly any possible resolution.

I'm a little more familiar with this game so I can give a bit more specific advice. The HUD disappears when using VU Cycle steal to any great degree, which is unfortunate since it's the speed hacks that gives the most benefit in this game. PCSX2 automatically skips the videos because of an emulation issue so you won't see those either. Otherwise the game plays pretty much bug free if pretty slow (just like every other dynasty warrior game)
[Image: 2748844.png]
upgrade to 0.9.8 ver
(05-19-2011, 07:42 PM)Koji Wrote: Actually, PCSX2 kicks the PS3's ass in visual quality for PS2... That's because the PS3 still uses the PS2 VU's and then applies a terrible blur filter on top of it... In fact, the image actually looks WORSE than a real PS2 in many situations. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/793/793775p1.html

PCSX2 on the other hand isn't limited to the actual PS2, it can actually render the 3d images at nearly any possible resolution.

I'm a little more familiar with this game so I can give a bit more specific advice. The HUD disappears when using VU Cycle steal to any great degree, which is unfortunate since it's the speed hacks that gives the most benefit in this game. PCSX2 automatically skips the videos because of an emulation issue so you won't see those either. Otherwise the game plays pretty much bug free if pretty slow (just like every other dynasty warrior game)

actually when i found out i had speed hacks on and shut them off. The game actually plays smooth with no lag hahaha
can i run it on this specs?

VideoCard: Geforce Nvidia Fx5500
CPU: Sempron 2600+ 1.6ghz.
Ram: 2gb
HDD: 8 gb available

Please tell me..Rolleyes