Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
running Tales of the Abyss
hi
so i'am playing ToTA
i notice very few problems
While walking i notice the the FPS is 30~40FPS that seems a little slow and some places like Yulia City lights are burning my Eyes

i want to know if i can speed up the game
PC specs:
Ram:2gigs
GPU:ATi Mobility Radeon X2300(dedicated) 894MB Ram
Pagefile:2759MB
CPU:Intel Core Duo(2.10GHz)
PCSX2 build:0.9.8

can you tell me the recommended settings(note that i'am on a laptop)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And how i can lower the Lights?

Sponsored links

Use Speedhacks to help compensate for your slow CPU.

Use native res to help compensate for your weak GPU.

Set your laptop's Power Plan to "High Performance".
(05-19-2011, 09:53 AM)Rezard Wrote: Use Speedhacks to help compensate for your slow CPU.

Use native res to help compensate for your weak GPU.

Set your laptop's Power Plan to "High Performance".

CPU is fast enough(don't insult MAI CPU!!!!!)
GPU ok you can call it a problem since it is old a bit but it seems from plugin mostly and it's config i turned off the speed hack and the intro was 60FPS(most of times) it gets to 50 fps during few parts but it is okay
i use the SSE2 one instead of SSE 4.1 but thanks anyway i well try find how to fix it i well use speed hacks as last resort(to prove that my LAPTOP ISN'T LOW END)
(05-19-2011, 02:03 PM)Azure Wrote: CPU is fast enough(don't insult MAI CPU!!!!!)
GPU ok you can call it a problem since it is old a bit but it seems from plugin mostly and it's config i turned off the speed hack and the intro was 60FPS(most of times) it gets to 50 fps during few parts but it is okay
i use the SSE2 one instead of SSE 4.1 but thanks anyway i well try find how to fix it i well use speed hacks as last resort(to prove that my LAPTOP ISN'T LOW END)

actually, your CPU is not really fast..
Rezard has his reasons for telling you to enable Speedhacks.. (and of course, same reasons as mine Laugh)
but hey, it's not like speedhacks would worsen your ingame graphics.. also, the new PCSX2 0.9.8 has a slider below the "Emulation Settings" configuration window. I advise you to try it as it will help you a lot. (don't forget the tooltip though, experiment it by yourself and find your most comfortable setting Laugh)
and..I don't know whether your is Core Duo (Dual-CPU) or Core 2 Duo..
the one that supports SSE4.1 is Core 2 Duo, not Core Duo

I'm not trying to insult you but, by using speedhacks, you already proved that your laptop is.. CPU-limited..
honestly, i've never seen tales of abyss before ( i only played its song in StepMania, haha )
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
Azure, we really should limit to point what can be done to improve the experience of running such emulator. Mine is a 3.4 GHz quad core CPU with a reasonable good for gaming video board, and still I can't have full speed without speedhacks with many games. There is no shame in using them to help getting a playable experience. There is no point in trying to force the machine to do what it can't.

To worsen things, this particular game is known as troublesome even to powerful newer i7 core machines...
Imagination is where we are truly real
ah i see
thanks...
that means that the emulator isn't really umm?
complete?don't really know how to describe it
btw that insulting mai cpu part was sarcasm i really know my laptop is a bit old(just not that old 2~3 years)
my CPU is centrino Core 2 duo"penrym"
Like PC games, it's not the emulator which dictates the machine minimal specifications, are the games themselves. Some run in less powerful machines without significant troubles, others are a pain to get running nicely.

Actually your machine is a pretty decent laptop, few are able to even run any PS2 emulated games. All share the same problem, related to temperature and power consumption which forces less than desirable video boards and even below gaming specs CPUs. They just aren't designed to be gaming machines but some can do it relatively well.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(05-19-2011, 03:50 PM)Azure Wrote: ah i see
thanks...
that means that the emulator isn't really umm?
complete?don't really know how to describe it
btw that insulting mai cpu part was sarcasm i really know my laptop is a bit old(just not that old 2~3 years)
my CPU is centrino Core 2 duo"penrym"

it's okay. you mean the emulator isn't really "perfect" ?
i admit that. but it's sweet enough to me Laugh

well you should be able to use SSE4.1 then. Smile
SPECS:
i7-2630QM
NVIDIA GT540M
500GB SATA
4GB DDR3
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
Windows 8 Pro 64-bit

Acer Aspire 4750G
(05-19-2011, 04:05 PM)ikazu Wrote: it's okay. you mean the emulator isn't really "perfect" ?
i admit that. but it's sweet enough to me Laugh

well you should be able to use SSE4.1 then. Smile

me too it is nice still not "perfect" but i had too much fun^_^ i almost reached the game end(well if i well buy a 3DS then good bye slow problems since abyss is going to 3DS both in Europe and America)

well now i think i should stop saying "My Laptop Sucks!"since console emulators and perfection are two things that cannot exist in the same time lol
even on ePSXe i see graphics problems and sound problems

Tales of the Abyss runs quite acceptabley on a faster CPU. My laptop's Core 2 Duo 2.8Ghz (Penryn) handles it well, but it's still not like perfect at all times without Speedhacks. I guess the important thing to realize is that "perfect" with emulation still has some exceptions.

It's cool that your CPU isn't too old, but 2.1Ghz is just rather low for PCSX2 in general, ya know?

Thanks for not taking things the wrong way, though. Your laptop really doesn't suck (it's actually a decent one), it just that PS2 emulation is a monster. Smile