save games lost :'(
just now i cannot load my save games...when i went to browser, there was a prompt asking me to format...why is this happening???is it because of patches???but my games running well before this even with patches....or is it because of action replay max???i run AR iso then swap iso to use cheats but there was an error 'assertion failed' or something..after that i don't bother to play pcsx2 but just now, this terrible thing happened to me (my second playthrough Persona 4,my almost finish FFX)... Sad
but memory card 2 is okay... :/

Sponsored links

There are two main reasons of memory card corruption. One is using savestates at the same time as game writes to memory card or having bad luck like power loss which is generally same reason, and the other one using bad/unstable cheats. Doesn't matter if it's ARmax, CB or raw codes using pnach system, some codes can corrupt saves or saving process which can potentially lead to corruption of memorycard. Advice? Cheat less, and use a mix of normal saving and savestates while cheating.;P

You can also try to find or request saves close to where you were in this thread. It's also theoretically possible to restore corrupted memorycard(if not formatted yet) as it seems most of the time only index and last/faulty save get's corrupted while the actual data of good saves is there, but I also never tried that and there is surely no program to do that, just documentation of ps2 save format, and some manual hex editing.
i don't like cheating but FFX is forcing me by making it so hard to obtain sigil.. :'(

Theoretically possible???seems like a ray of hope shining upon me.. Smile luckily i didn't format my memory card yet...Thanks for the link of the thread to request saves by the way... ^_^
did you uncheck "Auto ejecting memory card while loading/saving savestates" if you did then it's your fault.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I do not notice anything like auto injecting memory card etc...where should i check it???and by the way, i never use any savestates yet..
(11-16-2011, 02:51 AM)ThanatosTelos Wrote: I do not notice anything like auto injecting memory card etc...where should i check it???and by the way, i never use any savestates yet..

Config-->memory cards
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
It still checked...It's not my fault then... heehe
Just find the memory card file and load it again? I usually keep backups labelled with dates. That way worst case scenario (accidentally overwriting the wrong save game) won't happen.

This happened a lot on my PS2 back in the day, i remember accidently deleting my girlfriends save game with over 200 hours on Star Ocean 3. She was pissed.