screen freezing but still have sound
using pcxs2 1.2.1 all default settings
pc specs- Intel® Core™ i7-4702HQ CPU 2.20GHz, RAM 8.00GB, 64 bit windows, intelR HDgraphics4600
game- Dot hack vol1(ISO)

i can play passed the intro as long as i skip the movie. before the first 3 actual missions i have no issue, i go to start the next mission to search for mia in the dungeon of the level she tells you to go to, on the first floor i have no issue, but after advancing passed the first floor the display will freeze while exploring the next floors. it happens in a different spot every time, and theres no way of telling when it will happen. the display freezes but i can still hear my character moving, but on screen all i see is him stuck in mid step. theres no force close or error message.
it also happens while playing dragon quest VII, mainly on cutscenes or when a dialog window is open.
is there anything i can do or change to fix this issue. and has anyone else had the same issue?

Sponsored links

not even close to a bug report.
moved to general discussion.

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
plus, post your emulog when the screen start's freezing
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction