setting up logitech attack3 joytick with pcsx2
hi.
perhaps this may better fit in the bug section, but i dont really know how to generate one of those log things.

here is the issue i am having:

when i attempt to configure a PC keyboard as my controller, it is fine, i get a list of settings appear in the "config">"controllers(PAD)>"plugin settings">"PAD1" when i input them .
however, when i attempt to do this on my logitech attack3 joystick (which would be much more instinctive to use than a PC keyboard, for me) it does not give me a list, and in fact simply resets the first, and only item listing itself on the "PAD1" list.
eg "DX Logitech Attac... Z axis square" will apear as an inputed setting, but when i try to set the next one, instead of a new setting in the list appearing, that first one simply changes to "circle", and i get no others in the list.
but if a then go back to keyboard, it works fine.

otherwise, so far as i am aware, the logitech attack3 works fine.

maybe not compatible with pcsx2?

is there something i am missing?

or maybe it is not possible to use an attack 3 joystic?

Sponsored links

Is the z-axis perhaps the wheel thing on the bottom of your joystick? It might need to be in the middle, or it will be recognised as active all the time and override any other buttons you press.
(07-12-2016, 10:28 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Is the z-axis perhaps the wheel thing on the bottom of your joystick? It might need to be in the middle, or it will be recognised as active all the time and override any other buttons you press.

i don't have it set up right now, but i think it switched from x to y.
there is a wheel at the base facing the user (me), called "throttle".  but i am guessing everything is being read as the joystick itsdelf, as i am positive the references to x and y refer to joystick movements as does mouse movements in most other similar things, if i am not mistaken.

i still havnt found a way to resolve this.
it is rather frustrating as most games for me are too difficult to play properly on pc keyboard.

i will however try out your suggestion just incase.

is it the correct conbtrol i am thinking you mean? the throttle switch at the gamers side of the base?
Yes, the throttle at the side of the base. I have a similar throttle control on my joystick and if it's set a little to either side it will create the same issue as you posted.
(07-13-2016, 11:49 AM)FlatOut Wrote: Yes, the throttle at the side of the base. I have a similar throttle control on my joystick and if it's set a little to either side it will create the same issue as you posted.

cool, will check that out later!