slow frame rate problem
hi everyone..
i am suffering from problem i tried two days to solve it but no respond.
I use Laptop ASUS A42J with specifications CPU i5 2.27GHZ - 430M , memory 4GB , OS Window 7 Home Premium 64 bit , Graphics card ATI Mobility HD 5470 with 1 GB ram.
I Finished two games using this emulator PCX2 0.9.6 ; Tales of Abyss and Yakuza 1 , and i played Yakuza 2 with newer emulator PCX0.9.7-r3119 with no problems at all.
anyway i stopped playing over 2 month , then when i start playing Yakuza 2 again . now the frame rate is slow maybe half the rate around from 30 to 34 when i play but in the menu from 50 to 60 fps. and i tried the other games that i finished but they seem face the same problem.
I need help I dont know whether the problem hardware or maybe effect of other program and i tried the emulator that was working fine with me PCX2 0.9.6 and the new emulator PCX2.0.9.7-r3878 , all facing the same problem.
I am little disspointed because i want to complete Yakuza 2 and i cant due to this problem.
anyway thanx in advanced.

Sponsored links

The strength of the CPU required is game dependent. To Pcsx2 your CPU has good architecture but is low clocked meaning that you will be able to play low-med requirement games, but not high end requiring games such as ZOE2 or GT4.
<REDACTED>
ok but how you explain that i played tales of abyss with high fps and even yakuza 1 &2 but now it is slow for the same games toa and yakuza 1&2
man i am really going to be crazy from this problem..
the last time when i played yakuza 2 over 2 month ago , the emulator was wonderful and seem my laptop was doing fine and avearge fps was from 50 to 60 through the entire game. but now when i play the average fps from 28 to 34 and in menu from 50 to 60.
i hope i clearfied my problem.
Make sure there is no background processing of any kind and since Pcsx2 only practically supports 2 cores disable Hyper-Threading if you can through the BIOS.
<REDACTED>
how should i disable all process without using task manager because there another ways to disable process from the start but i dont remember the command.
and how can i disable hyper-threading?
thanx for helping me.
You disable Hyper-Threading in the BIOS, and just check on processes with Task Manager it's easier, or be super lazy and use something like Game Booster Lol
<REDACTED>
is Hyper-threading in emulator bios or laptop bios because i am confused.
Laptop BIOS
<REDACTED>
anyway game booster solution didnt work. as for disabling hyper-threading from bios i will try it now.
There's other variables such as temperatures and everything.
<REDACTED>