slow games
Hey. I have a problem with the emulater. It runs slow on my computer. As far as i'm corncerned a CPU intel core duo 2,4Ghz should be enough to run most games. But all the time the emulater uses 99% of my CPU and it still lags / runs slow a lot. Anyone know what to do? Sad

It is especially when there is a lot og graphic.. but i have a good graphics card (geforce 7950 GT) it shouldn't have any problems runne these games. Anyone know whats wrong?

thc for the help Smile

P.S. i have overclocked my system for 84Mhz, but it hasn't helped Sad

Sponsored links

What games are you trying to play? 2.4 GHZ processor isn't fast enough for a lot of games.

The 7950GT is pretty slow for emulation purposes, and it doesn't have DirectX 10 capabilities, which will hold you back.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
damn it! i have a duo core, so i got 4,8Ghz in total, i think that is good.
I thought my graphics card was good Sad
I have been trying to run Crash bandicoot the wrath of cortex and SSX tricky.

damn! time for a new pc Laugh
84 mhz !!!! Thats insane Ohmy
Personally, I would go 90, myself, should make the mouse pointer move a little faster Tongue
And 4.8 ghz ? lmao Laugh
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
omfg so i have 6.4Ghz???? so why i cant render my files in 3ds fast?? AngryAngryAngry

xDDDDD

lmaox2

ps check with search u can find a lot of info in that way Wink

o/
hmm, laugh at me Tongue i dont know a lot about this and overclocking Tongue
yea my pc is a little old, but should be strong enough to run even older games Tongue
(10-06-2009, 07:20 PM)Kerberos Wrote: hmm, laugh at me Tongue i dont know a lot about this and overclocking Tongue
yea my pc is a little old, but should be strong enough to run even older games Tongue

no, u should't compare the pc games with the emulation of the ps2, thats two different things... u can try with speed hacks and oc ur cpu and gain a few more fps.

ps the fact that u have two cores doesnt make that each one have 2.4ghz, thats the total frecuncy.

o/

ps engrish ftw... right? XD
Yep, don't compare running PC games to running a PS2 emulator, too many people here have a habit of doing that.
I can run PC versions of GRID, NFS Shift, Burnout Paradise, FlatOut Ultimate Carnage all max details 1440x900 and 60fps, yet I struggle to get 60fps on PS2 Gran Turismo 4 on some tracks.
You're not actually running a PS2 game, you're running a PS2 emulator where your PC mimics the PS2 hardware, and that then runs the PS2 game, in a way.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
(10-06-2009, 06:58 PM)Kerberos Wrote: damn it! i have a duo core, so i got 4,8Ghz in total, i think that is good.
I thought my graphics card was good Sad
I have been trying to run Crash bandicoot the wrath of cortex and SSX tricky.

damn! time for a new pc Laugh

Uh...that's not how it works at all. You have 2 CPUs that can run at 2.4 GHZ independently. They don't combine or whatever for 4.8 GHZ.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
hmm, allright. I need more general info on computers then Tongue is it possible to get a single processor strong enough to run the simulater smoothly?