slow machine emulation with considerable
(09-30-2014, 04:30 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Also it's more complicated than just STP with Ultrabooks, because they have MUCH lower power availability(like 17 watts or less), and several characteristics that make them different from normal CPU. So especially with PCSX2 I would not expect that CPU to turbo terribly well, since PCSX2 will be maxing both cores(and the 1400 STP is based on running a single thread, so for the test it DID turbo).

For Ultrabooks I basically think you need about 200 extra STP in most cases to run a game well. I.E. a game that needs 1200 normally would do okay on a 1400 STP ultrabook.

Of course there could be special cases.

Actually my ultrabook turbos quite well

Here is a pic with Burnout 3 running in SW with 3 extra rendering threads and MTVU

[Image: turbo.png]
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]

Sponsored links

Got enough icons on that desktop? Tongue2

Still, that's a newer model CPU than his, and they do better too. And still it's not reaching the full potential it did in the Passmark test which uses only one thread, so you aren't getting 1500 STP, but more like ~1350. You are still a full 350Mhz from your max turbo after all.

The ultrabooks CPU are very impressive to use so little power and have so much grunt, but they still aren't up to being useful for heavy PCSX2 games. Laptop CPUs have only recently gotten there. I'm sure in a few years PCSX2 will run most games just fine on newer ultrabooks though.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-30-2014, 04:41 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Got enough icons on that desktop? Tongue2

Still, that's a newer model CPU than his, and they do better too. And still it's not reaching the full potential it did in the Passmark test which uses only one thread, so you aren't getting 1500 STP, but more like ~1350. You are still a full 350Mhz from your max turbo after all.

The ultrabooks CPU are very impressive to use so little power and have so much grunt, but they still aren't up to being useful for heavy PCSX2 games. Laptop CPUs have only recently gotten there. I'm sure in a few years PCSX2 will run most games just fine on newer ultrabooks though.

actually in pcsx2 its closer to 1400
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
How can you know that? But yeah I imagine it actually fluctuates from ~1350-1450 probably.

Anyway, this is off topic now...
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Seriously stop doing this to threads. Nobbs66 next time you get a spam warning...Blyss you should know better as a mod.

filipisilva try configuring GSdx and in the renderer dropdown select your Radeon 7570M
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Hello, folks want to thank everyone who helped on the problem, managed to solve'm running without any lag, good to tell the truth in the emulator settings I set for Direct3D11 (Hardware), good in the emulator was only that I did, I followed tips for you and noticed that my ultrabook was in energy saving, high performance put in, put the drivers and the intel turbo boost monitor, and most importantly I was able to play very much I decided to research found that improvements need configure switchable graphic in order to use my radeon graphic processing in pcsx2, follows printscreen of what I did to solve

[Image: grafico.png]

[Image: screen.png]

I'm getting the game in the middle of the map, where a town is between 33/40 fps
the question I ask you is I am able to emulate the simpsons -Hit run
Am I able to emulate jak x combat racing? as my connection is 2mbps not want to download a game without being able to run, you who are more experienced will be that I am able to emulate in a playable speed?
Well, now you can have a piracy warning.

Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.