slow motion
Question 
While playing Jak 2 the game runs at good frame rates 30-60fps but the game seems to be in slow motion. The game play is smooth but everything even the sound seems to be running in slow motion. My systems specifications are:
Windows 7 (64bit)
i7 2720qm 2.2ghz with turbo boost up to 3.2ghz
8gb dual channel ram
2gb geforce gt 540m
The game is running on my original Jak 2 game disk.
I'm sorry if this has been asked before but any help is very welcomed as i have no idea what the cause is.
In advance, Thanks Biggrin

Sponsored links

first, make an iso out of your DVD and run it through pcsx2
2nd, make sure your windows power plan is set to high performance
3rd keep in mind this is a very demanding game and you probably won't get ful speed, whatever you do.
and last, check all recommended speedhacks, + set ee cycle rate to 1
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-20-2013, 04:23 AM)Razor2988 Wrote: The game play is smooth but everything even the sound seems to be running in slow motion
use async mode in audio plugin
I made an iso but sadly there seems to be no effect at all. I'l post a video of me playing in a minute so you can see for yourself. I had already set the music mode to async as the default mode broke the sound.
OK i posted a video at
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vDcX7ICD...e=youtu.be
Well, anything less than 60 FPS (NTSC) is not good, actually above 60 FPS isn't good also. Console is tied to TV standard, what in NTSC means fixed 60 FPS.

So, no surprise everything feel slowmotion bellow that value. You may need to attempt the speedhacks but then I don't know that specific game but have read reports it is not well behaving in the emulator yet or just too demanding for most machines.
Imagination is where we are truly real
OK i made some tweaks and now it will run up to 160fps as a result the game moves at a very fast rate and now i am having the opposite problem (my character seems to move twice as fast as he should). Also the speed hacks are causing some discoloration in some things in the game.
with frame limiting it seems to be at around 60fps which seems OK. the only problem is there are huge changes in frame rate the game without a frame limiter will run at 160fps but the second an enemy comes on screen the game will often drop to at little as 30fps.
(03-23-2013, 04:28 AM)Razor2988 Wrote: with frame limiting it seems to be at around 60fps which seems OK. the only problem is there are huge changes in frame rate the game without a frame limiter will run at 160fps but the second an enemy comes on screen the game will often drop to at little as 30fps.

Man, better is forgetting than the option to disable frame limiter ever exist. this is not PC games where synchronism is done on real time. Consoles Must run at the TV standard FPS, not less not more, without everything becoming outpaced and desync-ed.

If there is a reason to it to be there would be only for synthetic benchmark and some people have reported to gain a few frames in slow machine/games combinations where the nominal FPS is never reached.

But then must be repeated what was said before, some games will be just too much demanding on the machine and it will not have how to keep up when the pressure goes up. That game you are trying is reported as one those games.

Of course the performance on a same game will vary, sometimes becoming easy (hence the huge increase in FPS) and then being too hard, forcing the machine to a crawl. The point is some games are easy on the machine almost all times and some are too much for it most of times.
Imagination is where we are truly real