slow performance .need help
Hi im new to pcsx2 and im trying to get shadow of the colossus to work. iv seen a few videos on youtube running the game at so called 60fps tryd using on lower hardware then me and im not getting this performance. my game fps is all over the place and i get alot of stutters in places.. i have tryd using the stable version aswell as the latest git version and have left everything on preset 2 in emulation settings. im using bios . im not sure what plugins i should be using but im trying dirext x 11 hardware. that seems to give me best results open gl is extreamly slow for me for some reason. and i dont no what to enable or disable for these plugins to work properly. any advise would be helpfull. thanks

spec

i5 3570 4.1ghz
gpu: 7970
display: samsung 6400 4k tv.(running in 1080p)
2x8 corsair vengence

Sponsored links

Shouldn't be too bad on your system. Turn off the presets (by the tickbox, leave it on preset 2), go to the speedhacks tab and put vu cycle stealing up 1 notch, that should do it.

Also if MTVU is on, try turning it off, i believe it slows this game down for some people.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(07-25-2015, 03:06 PM)refraction Wrote: Shouldn't be too bad on your system. Turn off the presets (by the tickbox, leave it on preset 2), go to the speedhacks tab and put vu cycle stealing up 1 notch, that should do it.

Also if MTVU is on, try turning it off, i believe it slows this game down for some people.

thanks but im still gettin jurky fluctuation of frame rate.. what plugins should i be using? is there a idffrence with bios? is the frame rate dependent on gpu? and if so is my gpu just not strong enough?
(07-25-2015, 03:04 PM)domjam Wrote: open gl is extreamly slow for me for some reason.

spec

i5 3570 4.1ghz
gpu: 7970
display: samsung 6400 4k tv.(running in 1080p)
2x8 corsair vengence
Let's me guess, AMD driver?
lol yea . i havent updated it to the latest. but its not that old. i might just wait for the 980ti