slow performance on battery power
hi, im having a little problem with performance on my laptop while running off battery power. all games run very well on pcsx2 while connected to the ac-power adapter. i have a core i7 laptop with 6 gb of ram, nvidia gefore gt 330m, and windows7 x64. is there a way i can increase performance while on battery? thanks

Sponsored links

No.

Seriously, you can't. At best you might be able to jump through some hoops and disable all your laptop's various porwe-saving tools and tricks, but even a lot of lappys still throttle voltages and cpu speeds under battery power, and if they don't your battery life will prolly be something hilariously short like 45 mins. Tongue2
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(01-25-2010, 06:37 AM)BomarJr Wrote: hi, im having a little problem with performance on my laptop while running off battery power. all games run very well on pcsx2 while connected to the ac-power adapter. i have a core i7 laptop with 6 gb of ram, nvidia gefore gt 330m, and windows7 x64. is there a way i can increase performance while on battery? thanks

A laptop with those Specs is deigned to be used Primaryly on AC-Power. (As it is set to do that.) Once taken off AC-Power it will auto switch to Power saving mode and underclock itself so it makes itself power save. Not much you can do besides use it connected to AC-Power and play it on that.
ok, thank you. just wanted to know Wink