slowdown despite meeting requirement..settings..mtvu..help please
I'm getting slowdown in games like FFX, FFX-2, (most have slight slowdowns)

I checked the requirements and whatnot and I seem to meet all the recommended requirements..so I'm wondering what settings I may or may not have right.

my system
AMD Phenom II X3 720 Processor (3cpu's) ~2.8ghz
4096mb ram
directx 11
GeForce GTX 260 (apprx memory 2668 MB total Memory)
Windows 7

not sure what other info is helpful.

I'm using PCSX 0.9.8 (just downloaded it this week)

I've heard of an mtvu hack..but can't really find where to locate it, what exactly it is...nor how to get it.

as example..the games ARE playable..but I'm wondering if I just need to tweak some settings to get full speed.

examples
FFX -
during battles/overworld it's mostly full speed..very little slowdown. in-game cutscenes slow down to 30-40fps. FMV's, so far, are flawless.

FFX2 -
pretty much same as FFX except cutscenes have the error where I have to hit f9 to see them right (blocky, slow, dark otherwise)..but there seems to be even more slowdown (especially on the airship) battles run 35-60fps randomly...depending on effects.

Lord of the Rings: The Third Age -
runs the worst..30ish FPS all the time...in-game cutscenes slow..FMV's seem fine.

again any help is appreciated and if I need to provide any more info just let me know and I'll get it..

thanks

EDIT - most "twitch" style games (I know not all games are compatible..so it may be that) like Tekken Tag Tourny...are virtually too slow to play. I do run at x3 native res (because switching to NATIVE doesn't seem to give any boost at all)

Sponsored links

You need a newer development build of PCSX2, since the MTVU speed hack was added after the 0.9.8 release. You can download an SVN build here: http://pcsx2.net/svn.php
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Your way to "tweak some settings" that will help with speed would be Speedhacks.

Have you used them?
yes thank you. So far everything is working much better. FFX and FFX2, in testing, are running full speed all the time now. LoTR:TTA still has slight slowdown..but 10x better then it was and certainly more then playable.

thanks much!