[solved] R5766 Works but anything higher doesn't? help please...
So of course I want to stay updated with the revisions even if some of them are a little faulty. But ever since R5766 I haven't been able to use any of the newer? I can still play using R5766 but would like to use the newest revision.

I am going to assume it's probably an AMD problem, I have AMD...
The issue that comes is whenever I try to load the game it will immediately shut down, there is no explanation in the program log. It just stalls and then it shuts down (not the computer but the program)

Here are my specs if it can help...

Motherboard - Asus Sabertooth 990FX
Processor - AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo)
Ram 16GB
Graphics - ATI Radeon HD 7970 3GB
Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit
Harddrive - Seagate ST3500418AS 500GB

- Edited title with [solved] - avih

Sponsored links

out of curiosity what game are you trying to use ?
also what does your emu log say?
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
First,you need to install/update VC Redist 2013 and DirectX9 Redist (release august 2009) . My old GPU was a HD Radeon and work well....I suppose the problem is quite simple to solve Smile i think is better for you download the last SVN 5932,is much better...
(04-04-2014, 02:06 PM)axlffx2forever Wrote: First,you need to install/update VC Redist 2013 and DirectX9 Redist (release august 2009) . My old GPU was a HD Radeon and work well....I suppose the problem is quite simple to solve Smile i think is better for you download the last SVN 5932,is much better...

he could try that, but afaik the svn's are compiled with vc2010 and not vc2013, the devs can tell you whether i'm right or wrong Wink
Not sure what graphics card you have, it's memory bandwidth,
it's temperature, fan speed, what pixel shader it has
try TechPowerUp's gpu-z

Not sure what your cpu is try cpu-z
       (hint click on the highlighted links Biggrin)
Well I have tried to install or update VC Redist, it was the very first thing I did, it didn't work?
You didn't say what exactly doesn't work.

Does PCSX2 runs at all? If not, how so - does it crash? does it show some error message? etc.

If it loads, can you choose an ISO file?

If yes, can it boot?

Etc etc etc.
(04-04-2014, 02:05 PM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: out of curiosity what game are you trying to use ?
also what does your emu log say?

Many different kinds, I will just list a few...

Persona 3,4
Dark Cloud
ICO
Manhunt 1,2

And many others, all of them worked before but not on newer versions. The Emu log doesn't say anything as I stated in my previous postSmile
(04-04-2014, 02:13 PM)dr emulator (madmax) Wrote: he could try that, but afaik the svn's are compiled with vc2010 and not vc2013, the devs can tell you whether i'm right or wrong Wink

yep.I think you're right Tongue2 but in pcsx2 source code the project was made for vc 2013,2010 and 2008 ..... If deepfree use a old version can install all version needed (2008,2010,2013 redist)
(04-04-2014, 02:51 PM)avih Wrote: You didn't say what exactly doesn't work.

Does PCSX2 runs at all? If not, how so - does it crash? does it show some error message? etc.

If it loads, can you choose an ISO file?

If yes, can it boot?

Etc etc etc.

Yes PCSX2 runs, it doesn't show a message, it crashes as soon as I boot any game, all of the games I have tried booting have worked on revision past 5766 and including 5766...
can you post emulog.txt (from directory pcsx2\logs ) ?