some questions :D
Star 
hello everyone !
i' ve been watching this project for some years now and i must say, you guys did all an awesome job with the ps2 emulator Cool

i tried your new emulator yesterday with my new pc , but when i tried to configure the GSdx i got the error messege "This CPU does not support SSE 4.01" , i have an AMD 920 quadcore wich supports sse 4.1 , i think you forgot to enable support for this chip cause even in the cpu config sse4.1 is not shown, it only shows sse, sse2 and sse3
or is it because there is a bigger difference between 4.1 and 4.01 ?
can you check what is wrong with this please ? Laugh

also i read somewhere that there is a microVU option within the GSdx version 1439 wich gives a nice boost to performance , where is this option ? i cant find it NinjaTongue

also i recognised that when i make the windowsize bigger the fps drops even if my gpu is almost idle (maybe 5-10% load) so i asume that the cpu is calculating the resolution ? whats wrong with this ? isn't the gpu supposed to do the resolution stuff ? did i messed up something ? :o

and here my last question ^^
is there a way to remove this ugly lines in tekken 5 besides running in native resolution ? i realy dont like the native resolution, my eyes get hurt with this blured pixel festival xD

i'm realy thankfull for answers, and sorry if i made stupid questions, i'm a pc dummie with some basic knowledge and not very good english grammar LaughBlushSmile

p.s. keep up the good work !! so one day when my 3rd ps2 gets broken i can play ps2 games on pc and wont have to buy a 4th ps2 xDDD

Sponsored links

AMD has SSE4a, this is not SSE4.1
It also has SSE3, this is not SSSE3, you are stuck using the SSE2 plugins.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
whoa sse4.01??? where is you got that number?? see clearly next time in pcsx2 console or CPU-Z will you??
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(06-29-2009, 06:34 AM)Register Wrote: whoa sse4.01??? where is you got that number?? see clearly next time in pcsx2 console or CPU-Z will you??

GSdx will show it like that 4.01 when trying to run it in a not compatible cpu.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(06-29-2009, 04:07 AM)cookie Wrote: hello everyone !
i' ve been watching this project for some years now and i must say, you guys did all an awesome job with the ps2 emulator Cool

i tried your new emulator yesterday with my new pc , but when i tried to configure the GSdx i got the error messege "This CPU does not support SSE 4.01" , i have an AMD 920 quadcore wich supports sse 4.1 , i think you forgot to enable support for this chip cause even in the cpu config sse4.1 is not shown, it only shows sse, sse2 and sse3
or is it because there is a bigger difference between 4.1 and 4.01 ?
can you check what is wrong with this please ? Laugh

also i read somewhere that there is a microVU option within the GSdx version 1439 wich gives a nice boost to performance , where is this option ? i cant find it NinjaTongue

also i recognised that when i make the windowsize bigger the fps drops even if my gpu is almost idle (maybe 5-10% load) so i asume that the cpu is calculating the resolution ? whats wrong with this ? isn't the gpu supposed to do the resolution stuff ? did i messed up something ? :o

and here my last question ^^
is there a way to remove this ugly lines in tekken 5 besides running in native resolution ? i realy dont like the native resolution, my eyes get hurt with this blured pixel festival xD

i'm realy thankfull for answers, and sorry if i made stupid questions, i'm a pc dummie with some basic knowledge and not very good english grammar LaughBlushSmile

p.s. keep up the good work !! so one day when my 3rd ps2 gets broken i can play ps2 games on pc and wont have to buy a 4th ps2 xDDD

1. Rule #34 of pcsx2: SSSE3 and SSE4.1 are intel only. no exceptions.
2. microvu (config->cpu) is part of the emulator not gsdx, and was introduced in the latest official beta 1329 of pcsx2. it is also still experimental and probably slower than the current supervu. there are 2 microvu specific speed hacks for it, but expect glitches/crashes with it.
3. this is unusual. are you running gsdx in hardware or in software mode? i see no fps difference at all on my system, no matter the window size.
4. i heard that certain values for the d3d internal resolution fix those lines. but those values seem to change from revision to revision of gsdx. and i don't have the game so i am unable to confirm that.
CPU Core [email protected] | GPU Nvidia Geforce GTX 570 | RAM 8GB DDR-3 1600MHz CL9 | OS Win7 Ultimate (x64) SP1
EMU PCSX2 v1.1.0 r5645 | GS GSdx SSE4 r5632 | SPU2 SPU2-X r5559 | PAD LilyPad r5403 | CDVD cdvdGigaherz r5403
I think the resolution (with the latest GSdx) is supposed to be 1200x1200, and those lines will dissappear. But if you have the NTSC copy of the game I've heard that it has support for progressive scan which you can configure in the options, and that would make native resolution look even better and sharper.
(06-30-2009, 08:26 AM)Aemony Wrote: I think the resolution (with the latest GSdx) is supposed to be 1200x1200, and those lines will dissappear. But if you have the NTSC copy of the game I've heard that it has support for progressive scan which you can configure in the options, and that would make native resolution look even better and sharper.

Thanks so much, dude! I had been looking forward to playing at higher than native resolution for so long! =)
Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.81GHz [Windsor] w/ Noctua NH-C12P
Asus Xonar D2 w/ Logitech Z-5500
e-VGA 8800GTS 640MB 513/792 stock ; 720/1080 o/c
Corsair XMS2 1GB DDR2 PC6400 x2
Western Digital 500GB 16MB cache x2
Thermaltake W0106RU 700W
---
XP Pro - SP2 - 32bit
weee the lines are gone with 1200*1200 Laugh thank ya !
too bad this doesnt work with 2400*2400 Biggrin

to zero29:

yes i've read that its intel only, but i thought they didnt saw that the new amd cpus also supports this, since the emulator does not even recognise the amd ss4 at all, i thought they just needed to do some regirty changes or something to activate it

but i saw that amd has SSE4.1 in some internet sites where it was compared with the intels SSE4, but the cpuz realy shows that my cpu has SSE4A Ohmy so i think its another feature
cant amd and intel agree on making the same features or name them different at least , i mean its just extra work for coders/developers and confusing for the people xD

so microVU is only avaiable in the beta version . i have the latest official release from the downloadpage on psx2.net cant find the revision number Ninja

and yes it s a realy strange problem, i just found out that this happens when i click on the "maximize" button, when i manualy resize it its all ok, (only 5 fps drop) but somehow the huge fps drop just happens by random, i mean sometimes i click on maximize and everything runs smooth sometimes i manualy resize it annd the fps drops about 50% and vista versa, but i think its just my os xD

i have the german version of the game so i think its PAL Sad

thanks for all the help people ! was realy fast i must say Happy
(06-30-2009, 09:31 PM)cookie Wrote: but i saw that amd has ss4.1 in some internet sites where it was compared with the intels ss4, but the cpuz realy shows that my cpu has ss4A

Dude, it's SSE, not SS. Maybe you would have gotten it right if you weren't so absent-minded.
Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.81GHz [Windsor] w/ Noctua NH-C12P
Asus Xonar D2 w/ Logitech Z-5500
e-VGA 8800GTS 640MB 513/792 stock ; 720/1080 o/c
Corsair XMS2 1GB DDR2 PC6400 x2
Western Digital 500GB 16MB cache x2
Thermaltake W0106RU 700W
---
XP Pro - SP2 - 32bit
(06-30-2009, 09:46 PM)Waro Wrote:
(06-30-2009, 09:31 PM)cookie Wrote: but i saw that amd has ss4.1 in some internet sites where it was compared with the intels ss4, but the cpuz realy shows that my cpu has ss4A

Dude, it's SSE, not SS. Maybe you would have gotten it right if you weren't so absent-minded.

oops yeah sorry ! i corrected it now Laugh