Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"some what" theoretical question
in later pcsx2 builds like *way way down the road of pcsx2*
do you think we will have the ability too disable some cpu and gpu things in games too boost a little fps out...
like say disabiling clouds, sun rays, stars ect for more fps

long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.

Sponsored links

depending on how the gfx plugins evolve... WHo knows.
but it'll be mainly unuseful, because Pcs will be powerful enough to run all games @ full speed.
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
(12-09-2010, 01:33 AM)jesalvein Wrote: depending on how the gfx plugins evolve... WHo knows.
but it'll be mainly unuseful, because Pcs will be powerful enough to run all games @ full speed.

this seems like something that must have at least been thought about before... has the pcsx2 team thought of doing this before?
long ago in a distant city, i batman defender of gotham unleashed an unspeakable order. but a foolish clown wielding a menasing laugh steped forth too opose me.
dunno, because gfx plugins have nothing to do with pcsx2 team
this is something to be asked to plugin authors
CPU : I7 2600K Oc'ed @ 4.2Ghz
Mobo : Intel P67 southbridge
GPU : NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 Ti
RAM : 6 Go
It is system specific for the most part, but it IS possible to disable SOME things (like lighting or clouds), however you'd be assuming a lot by not rendering it, and you'd have to make sure you could actually find out when you were rendering clouds. I'm pretty sure the ps2 has a very limited built in library for standard features, so detecting a specific game's rendering routine would be difficult, and there'd be no way of having uniform detection. Also, It's extremely hard to skip parts of the code, since you can't predict what would happen during a block of execution without extensive profiling. For example, even the frame skip mechanism doesn't actually skip CPU instructions. It emulates everything, but doesn't render a frame (Or this is what happens, I presume. Never written a frame skipper myself). Your idea, while definitely possible (especially for a psp emulator. I can think of a few ways to do it), isn't practical for the ps2.
Exactly what Urisma figured.
We had the VUs skip a few programs back in PCSX2 0.9.4. It was horrible and only semi-worked on a few games.
We may find new hacks and speedups though (VU idle skip detection comes to mind) but entirely skipping stuff
is out of the question.
(12-10-2010, 10:52 AM)rama Wrote: Exactly what Urisma figured.
We had the VUs skip a few programs back in PCSX2 0.9.4. It was horrible and only semi-worked on a few games.
We may find new hacks and speedups though (VU idle skip detection comes to mind) but entirely skipping stuff
is out of the question.

*im pretty tierd so bare with me a little...*
so how does pcsx2 know the difference from booting a game and actually playing a game.
is there some sort of structer in ps2 games that lets pcsx2 recognize when its booing a game and playing one?
if so wouldnt that mean that there are a few things in some ps2 games graphical designs that are the same or similar and can be changed

i remember back when i had a p4 at 2.4ghz and nvidia 6200 card
i was getting like 20-25fps but then i used an old zerogs plugin and disabled a few thing through the settings
and when i was playing the game there was no sky it was completley black and the energy that used too come off the players attacks was gone and i had gotten about 50 fps
and it was like that for every game i had.

so there must be a way too do it through the gs plugins

It can be done but it'll be very difficult if not impossible to predict what will go missing. Sure, when you tried it, only the sky was missing but it could very well mean missing heads for characters in another game.
There's no point to add such feature, now everyone have a C2DUO or better CPU so the emulation it's more accurate and fast
PC:
EVGA 600 +80 PSU
NVIDIA GTX 550ti EVGA 2GB VRAM
[Image: hj0zqy-4.png]
(12-11-2010, 06:12 PM)Butz_san Wrote: There's no point to add such feature, now everyone have a C2DUO or better CPU so the emulation it's more accurate and fast

yes but even so i have seen a few bad computability games that run slow on very powerful systems