[split] Fate Unlimited Codes Config
Yup, this game is very cpu limited but you can try these settings :

Config -> Speed hacks :
Enable every options except for "IOP sync Hack (x2)" ( doesn't speed up anything in this game )

Config -> Advanced :

Enable "Flush to Zero" and "Denormals are Zero" in "VU Recs Options"
you can also put the "EE Recs Options" Roundmode to "Chop/Zero", but expect a little suprise with Archer's bow ^^;

Config -> Cpu Config :

Enable every options and use frame skip ( or VU Skip if it's really slow ).

By the way I use an Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 ( 2.66GHz overclocked at 3.2GHz ) and 4Gigs of ddr2 at 1066MHz and I still get slowdowns with those settings.

Sponsored links

Yes, I have a C2D e8400 OCd at 3.6 ghz and get slowdowns. I actually have every speed hack on, and I set EE Rec to Nearest because of that surprise Tongue. Anyways, haven't tested in r505, so this night I'll see how it performs.
Information 
First of all my sincere thanks to stpdrgstr for his help, I could enter the game but the gaming experience is choppy. My pc is not a dual core one and (I know its specs are low but I still want to see how much fast i can run on it).
I am just posting my settings and can you suggest some things that I have missed/incorrect
emulator ver is 1.0.0395

GSdx 872m (MSVC 15.00,SSE2)0.1.12
Resolution- 800*600 60Hz
Renderer- D3D9 (Hardware)
Shader- PS 2.0
Interlacing- none
Aspect ratio-4:3
D3D internal res- 512*512
NLOOP hack - not checked
Texture filtering- "
Wait vsync - "
Logarithmic Z - "
Alpha correction (FBA)- "

Sound
SPU 2ghz Playground 1.9.0

Cpu config

EERec-EE/IOP - on
VU0rec - on
VU1rec - on
MTGS - off

Frame limiting - Frame skip
Detailed settings
custom Fps - 60
skip frames when slower than - 45
Consecutive frames before skipping - 0
Consecutive frames to skip - 0
Game fix
none
Speed hack
all except sync hack x3
(If I select it the game crashes)
Advanced Options
EE Recs
Roundmode - nearest
Flush to zero - on
Denormals are Zero -on
VU Recs Options
Roundmode - Chop/zero
Flush to Zero - on
Denormals are Zero- off

Btw is there any way to mute the sounds
other query is- will pcsx2 be better for this game?
Thanks again for your Patience!
Quote:Btw is there any way to mute the sounds

For the SP2ghz plugin, go into its settings and chose "0 - No Sound (Emulate SPU2 only)" in the "Output Settings"

Quote:other query is- will pcsx2 be better for this game?

Honestly, the emu is already near perfect for this game except for the speed >.>

You're CPU and GPU** limited here, so I don't think you'll get more than 30FPS out of this game and I'm being optimistic here >.>

**about your GPU:

I see you've chosen "Shader - PS 2.0" in the video plugin, with only PS 2.0, the emulator have to emulate some extra stuff. As stated in the faqs, PS 3.0 are recommended. You can still try to use the "Native" option to compensate a bit for that .
To mute the sounds use the mute option in zerospu, or use spunull.

Will pcsx2 be better for this game? Only time will tell, emulation is never perfect, and pcsx2 is far from being perfect, this musn't be asked.

As for speed, you can't do nothing at all, this game, as already stated, eats a lot of cpu. So, without a core2duo/core2quad at high clocks, you would get unplayable speeds always, and not only with this game, with most games, so there's not really any miracle you can do to run it at a decent speed. With this game, without something like that, you'll get like 10 fps at much, so, the best thing you can do is playing it with your real ps2.
stpdrgstr, I got interesting results with the rev 504, could you try those settings please ?

"VU Skip" with in order : 60 / 9999 / 0 / 1 ( basically, you force the emu to render only 30FPS, it's possible now that they've stabilized the VU Skip ) if you get a black screen, start the emulation with the "Normal" option, then switch to "VU Skip"

"Speed Hacks" : enable ONLY the "EE Sync Hack (x2)" ( enabling more will make the game itself slowdown, like it's on a underclocked PS2, and this game doesn't have a frameskip of its own )

I also used the "GSdx 881m 0.1.13" plugin but I don't think it's relevent here.
Did you compile the GSdx 0.1.13?

I'm gonna try those settings, thanks for pointing out the vu skip values and the using of only that speedhack Smile
Quote:Did you compile the GSdx 0.1.13?

Nah, I found a link to it in this topic : http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2677.html
Thank you very much for the link. This method to skip frames is really helpfull for games that go slow, the only downside of course is the choppyness, but I got used to that when I had my old pc Tongue2.

No one have had any bug until now? I can't find any yet, sometimes a graphical glitch or something at the character selection screen, but nothing much (not that that's a bad thing Smile).
I am running the Playground Version: 1.0.0395 on a 2Ghz core 2 duo (SSE3 enabled) with 2 Gb ram vista sp1 OS
on running the emulator, it gives the error- "Update the direct x" and following it another one saying "unable to load the graphics plugin"

I had managed to run the game iso and the same setup of the emulator on my old P4.
I have also specified the right path to the plug in directory

what graphics plug in settings should be selected?
In the selection of the graphics settings which Dx10 should be selected the hardware one or the software one?