still slow...
hey buddies
here is my pc's spec:
CPU:AMD phenomx4 9550
RAM:3gb(800)
GPU:ATI 3870
I tested some games with it and all of them runs at about 25-35 fps.
games like sdvsraw2009, beatdown and...
i used latest beta version(720) with lastest plugings.(gdx 890,...)
no matter what setting i use(speed hack and ect..), it wont work.
and sound is laggy as hell, so i cant use it when playing.
my os is winxp.
should i change my pc hardware or its something else?
tnx for help guys.
(if u need anymore info plz let me know)

Sponsored links

It tottaly depends what kind of games you use, Persona games work quite well and I got my copy of Yakuza 1 to work for a bit also, God of War wasn't that much of a success though =(

Your specs look god though, there better then mine and I can get Persona 3 to work 90-100%, you do have to download the latest plugins and if it's possible get it Windows Vista with gdx 10 , that could help a lot
No the specs don't look good (at least for pcsx2).
The problem is that AMD cpu's are quite bad with the heavy SSE stuff many 3d games require.
On top of that he has an ATI vga card, which tend to slow down certain operations heavily.

My only suggestion is playing other games (or completely changing all pc parts Tongue2 ).
but in pc games it rocks! Laugh
i knew it was about my specs... Sad it seems pcsx2 is made for intel cpu and nvidia gpu!!
tnx for making me dep!Sad( :-p
Thing is Intel cpus (well, only the new core2's Tongue2 ) are great performers with SSE code. Exactly what we need.
Then with vga cards there's just a bug of some kind with ATI (I'm not sure which cards are affected).
It's not like we purposely slowed the emu down on AMD hardware...
I didnt say that buddy!! what i was going to say is that pcsx2 in more compatible with intel cpu.
BUT i have a good news! as james siad i tried it on win vista and it worked! now i get 40-45 fps in games(smackdownvsraw, rumble roses,....). it is totaly playable now(i know its not 100%Tongue2)
but i still have problem with sound..
by the way, PCSX2 rocks guys! tnx for this great peace of art! Smile
We Take in easy man, pcsx2 is not end of the world to see good or bad about cpu or grapich card. It just codes and programming for cpu and grapich card and there in the world have much program which is AMD CPU and GPU Getting good performance and matching for intel and nvidia. Pst do you know how well about phenomII which run at hight res. Beyond 1280x1024 in many games pc and still smothness.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
to make matters worse, AMD doesn't support SSE4.1 which has some useful instructions.
I must be lucky then

I use an amd phenom 9950 ( OC at 3ghz ) with a gtx 260 and just 1 game gives me 40fps , the rest goes into a steady 60 fps ( well ok sometimes goes to 55 Tongue ) and this all without no speedhacks

his problem is the ATI and err i think that gsdx plugin is outdated . beside he doesnt say what Sound plug in he's using , with spu2-x i can say my "sound problems" were solved , but well we also do know that laggy fps = laggy sound ( specially below 40 fps )
CPU - [PHENOM 9950 BE 3.0 GHZ | GFX - [Evga 260GTX]
OS - [Vista 64 Business] | RAM - [4GB Gskill 1066Mhz]
I think the problems is not cpu or gpu in hardware but what is about programmers to implement and support to the program. I know pcsx2 is open source program and no one can obligate to an other. just hope for other programer to support all of already there in the market. I thinks SSE4.1 is not give big fps in game like 20fps to 40fps increased.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.