tales of destiny problum
idk if this is where to post this but whatever. heres the problum

tales of destiny directors cut wont run on here. im using the windows verson (and the latest verson) and i mean it wont start at all. i run the thing but it sends me to browser soi go there and only the memory cards appear instead of the game and gah.
i remember seeing 1 line of red text looking like a error but it flips by so fast i cant read it. it looks some thing inital boos failure or failed or somthing. (not exactly sure i started it like 20 times just to get that lol)

i tot maybe i had a bad rom but i decited to ask for help anyway as it seemed fine. I asked someone using this emulaitor on youtube and heres my reply:

try to download PCSX2 SVN 1736 and tick "special fix for Tales OF Destiny"in Comfig-->Gamefixes
on the Graphic Setting,choose Bob TFF on interlacing.
Use P.E.OP.S .SPU2 as Sound

the only fixes on my current verson are for digimon rumble area to and some tri games. it appears PCSX2 SVN 1736 is a linux build. so im asking how do i run tales of destiny (directors cut) on my windows. and before ANYONE asks it does run PCSX2 at a decent speed.

and thx in advance.

Sponsored links

You can also download revision 1888... It also has the special fix. It's available in the public beta section of both the forum, and the download page.
[Image: 2748844.png]
(12-01-2009, 06:10 AM)dawnbomb Wrote: idk if this is where to post this but whatever. heres the problum

tales of destiny directors cut wont run on here. im using the windows verson (and the latest verson) and i mean it wont start at all. i run the thing but it sends me to browser soi go there and only the memory cards appear instead of the game and gah.
i remember seeing 1 line of red text looking like a error but it flips by so fast i cant read it. it looks some thing inital boos failure or failed or somthing. (not exactly sure i started it like 20 times just to get that lol)

i tot maybe i had a bad rom but i decited to ask for help anyway as it seemed fine. I asked someone using this emulaitor on youtube and heres my reply:

try to download PCSX2 SVN 1736 and tick "special fix for Tales OF Destiny"in Comfig-->Gamefixes
on the Graphic Setting,choose Bob TFF on interlacing.
Use P.E.OP.S .SPU2 as Sound

the only fixes on my current verson are for digimon rumble area to and some tri games. it appears PCSX2 SVN 1736 is a linux build. so im asking how do i run tales of destiny (directors cut) on my windows. and before ANYONE asks it does run PCSX2 at a decent speed.

and thx in advance.

The game runs fine in 1474 and 1888, at least to the very beginning of Stan's side( I haven't really started playing this game yet, but tested it). I just tried again, same result, and I got full speed without any speed hack. Not sure if the special fix does anything, but I had it on when I tested the game(I could start the game without it, but it seemed to fix the sound of the opening).

I used spu2 for sound, graphic dx10, microvu0&1 off(forgot to trun on), advanced options ee &vu clamp mode set to extra+preserve sign(This is for ffx, I forgot to change back when I tested tod.)
AMD Athlon II 245 @ 3.55ghz, 9600GT @730mhz 1115mhz, vista sp2 32bit
it would work fien ( or in my head it would) if i didnt get a diffrent error. i think its unrelated tho and just a diffrent error. after the pcsx2 start up past the part where the blue square thing fades and it goes to browser. instead of the blue square with browser and configuration i get a red square saying please insurt playstation or playstation 2 reformat disk. im guessing im missing a certin something but idk what im mmissing (it IS just a guess tho) help plz and again thx for before and thx in advance.
Looks like you havent configured the cdvd plugin correctly or you made a bad ISO if you're running it that way. If you're running the game from disc make sure you use and configure Gigaherz's cdvd plugin pointing it to the right drive, if you made an ISO of the game use Linuz CDVD ISO plugin pointing it to the right file and make sure you didnt mount it anywhere else.

I'd recommend you use ImgBurn to make your ISO file.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
actually i tried dawn of mana (worked on the newest verson) and it still says instert format disk. ofcorse verson 1888 is the most up to dat verson (with the tales of destiny hack) so i need to use it. also it would be better iw windows users attempting or ever running the beta verson of 1888 would reply :/ if i had linux id use the linux verson, but i dont so i cant.

also the fact that it still appears with a game i know runs means its the actual pcsx2. i STILL asume im missing something i need like some configuration or download but idk what it is.
Well still looks like a cdvd plugin configuration problem, are you running from ISO or Disc? how do you have the cdvd plugin configured.

Can you show us the message that appears on the console output window? you can also get it from the logs\emuLog.txt file after you try to run the game.
plugins

GSdx 890 (MSVC 15.00, SSE2) 0.1.14
lilypad 0.9.9
linuz iso CDVD 0.8.0
USBnull Driver 0.5.0 P.E.Op.S. SPU2 1.9.0
lilypad0.9.9
DEV9null Driver 0.3.0
FWnull Driver 0.4.0

my log has this:

PCSX2 beta (r1888) - compiled on Sep 20 2009
Savestate version: 8b410001
x86Init:
CPU vendor name = GenuineIntel
FamilyID = d
x86Family = Intel® Pentium® Dual CPU E2140 @ 1.60GHz
CPU speed = 1.596 ghz
Cores = 2 physical [2 logical]
x86PType = Standard OEM
x86Flags = bfebfbff 0000e39d
x86EFlags = 20100000

Features:
Detected MMX
Detected SSE
Detected SSE2
Detected SSE3
Detected SSSE3
Not Detected SSE4.1
Not Detected SSE4.2

Loading plugins...
Plugins loaded successfully.
Hotkeys:
F1 - save state
(Shift +) F2 - cycle states
F3 - load state
Loading plugins...
Plugins loaded successfully.
Initializing plugins...
Plugins initialized successfully.
* CDVD Disk Open: CD, 1 tracks (1 to 1):
* * Track 1: Data (Mode 1) (919933 sectors)
Bios Version 1.60
Bios Warning > rom2 not found.
Bios Warning > erom not found.
Framelimiter rate updated (UpdateVSyncRate): 59.94 fps
Opening Plugins...
MTGS > Thread Started, Opening GS Plugin...
MTGS > GSopen Finished, return code: 0x0
Plugins opened successfully.
GetElfName: SYSTEM.CNF not found; invalid cd image or no disc present.
Issuing EE/iR5900-32 Recompiler Reset [mem/structure cleanup]
Running the PS2 BIOS...
Opening Plugins...
Plugins opened successfully.
GetElfName: SYSTEM.CNF not found; invalid cd image or no disc present.
# Initialize memory (rev:3.63, ctm:393Mhz, cpuclk:295Mhz detected)
# Total accessable memory size: 32 MB (B:2:8:0) (363:2:7c30)
# TLB spad=0 kernel=1:12 default=13:30 extended=31:38
# Initialize Start.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Initialize User Memory ...
# Initialize Scratch Pad ...
# Initialize Done.

EE DECI2 Manager version 0.06 Feb 7 2002 16:41:20
CPUID=2e20, BoardID=0, ROMGEN=2002-0207, 32M

# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.
# Restart Without Memory Clear.
# Initialize GS ...
# Initialize INTC ...
# Initialize TIMER ...
# Initialize DMAC ...
# Initialize VU1 ...
# Initialize VIF1 ...
# Initialize GIF ...
# Initialize VU0 ...
# Initialize VIF0 ...
# Initialize IPU ...
# Initialize FPU ...
# Restart Without Memory Clear Done.

i read it. says im not using a valad image :/ im pertty sure i am tho.
If you think im not can i get a link to a download for tales of destiny (ps2 verson) directors cut or not.

im going to 7zip the tales of destiny directors cut folder and post it later. it says it will take 30 minites to 7zip it. (i may double post if noone posts b4 me)

again thx for the help.
First hello just joined now for the topic
I somehow have gotten it to work with very little trouble it's not the director's cut but I figure its about the same thing a few graphical things during the skits but thats it.
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.