tekken 5 tweaks
So there is any special config to speed up this game a little bit? beacuse as expected i cant run it full speed,and i get about 40 out of 50 fps
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]

Sponsored links

i have the game you have to make d3d in gsdx native and use frame skiping and make frame to skip and draw 10 or higher until you like the speed and use as much as you can speed hacks Cooli hope you like it
well i could use the frame skip if it wasnt so buggy
VU cycle stealing works fine for it as far as I remember.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(08-02-2010, 10:37 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: VU cycle stealing works fine for it as far as I remember.

For me, VU Cycle stealing is the most useless speedhack ever. Once i enable it, any game will show that its 60 fps but is not. This hack makes anything even slower like slowmotion but the fps counter will show 60 fps.
(08-02-2010, 10:37 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: VU cycle stealing works fine for it as far as I remember.

if i set it to any value higher than 1,then the game will display fake fps and it will have a heavy slowdown
It displays correct FPS, the problem being it 'steals' VU cycles and then the raw output... BTW many more frames but less actual things happening between them, so the movements seems lagged, what proves stealing is bad Smile

But it's a compromise, in some games the lag is minimal or imperceptible, in others it occurs only in some places and yet others it breaks the game badly even in the first step (like in Xenosaga). Most of times the lag is more acceptable where happens compared with sheer FPS lacking.

DangerousD found a creative way to balance things abusing the VU cycle stealing but letting the game going above the nominal FPS where his CPU allowed, that's a totally erratic behavior but here among us... it worked and gave him much happiness and fun Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
okay,but is there any way of getting rid of those anoying lines all over the screen on the pal version?,and please dont tell me to use native in gsdx beacuse i know that by doing it solves the problem,but i want better graphics.And the pal version also have the progressive scan option removed damn !!!
VU cycle stealing screw up xenosaga 2's ingame video thingy's, make them out of sync after a min or 2.

It also screws up in xenosaga 1, it's still sluggish but the emu thinks it's running fast.
Sync'ed mode gs might fix it I don't know, slows the emu down to much.

If there was a way to re-sync on certain irq's it might work better.
Or perhaps set the frame limit to something like 120fps.
But then you'de have to use more speed hacks to sync the rest of the game back down to the normal speed...

It seems to me that if you enable progressive mode in the tekken 5 options the fps goes up about 5fps.
Not 100% sure about that though.
But it also seems to cut off part of the screen.
I checked in 16:9 and 4:3 mode in the tekken 5 options.
Also tried hardware and software modes in the plugin.
Didn't fix the screen cut off prob in pro-scan mode in that game.
It's not that bad though.

I just wish it didn't cut off part of the screen like that, and the prob with the emu not showing all of the subtitles and fight text intro's sometimes.

Yeah I've been playing the game recently lol Smile.
I played tekken 4 on the real ps2 along time ago, I didn't like it, thaught it was just a re-hashed tekken 3.
Compared to doa2 and 3, it wasn't very good I thaught.

Tekken 5 on the other hand is not to bad of a game.
I like it.

I'm getting pretty much no less then 50fps with a 8600gt, with the rest specs in my sig (finally got her stable).
I had to remove my gt 240 though, cut my xenosaga1 fps in native mode to 1/3 of the fps I got before with the gt 240 ! Sad.
I might even be getting 60fps if I had a reliable decent vga card.

If you're getting 40-50 now, and I'm getting 50-60 fps.
Try overclocking your cpu by 400mhz.
Might get you up to the same speed I am.

It's not TO bad when it avg's around 55.

Edit:
As for frame skipping.
I can't seem to get it to work regardless of what I set it to.
I've even set it to draw 0 and skip 10 and no change at all in anything.
I even enabled frame throttling by default and then pressed F4 a few times, no change over my normal unthrottled fps.

It would be nice to figuer how it works lol.

One more edit:
The lines are caused by the incorrect texture alignment.
It's not right even in native mode.
Some games you don't notice it much.
Most games you do in some form or another.

The dev's have tried to fix it a few times now.
The current public beta isn't as bad as what it used to be in that respect.

ASUS CH4, 1090t @ 4ghz, 2x1gb @ 2ghz, GT240
2x1tb Modded WD Green RAID0, Optiarc 7241S
Modded Enermax 350w

Win7 Ent x86 VLM / Win2K3 Svr Ent SP2-R2 x86 VLM
@ NEOAethyr

thanks for your reply,and well i cannot do any overclock to my cpu (i wish i could) beacuse of my crappy mobo that have all the overclocking options greyed out.
Btw my mobo is ECS G41T-M5