the emulator or my pc?
I'm not sure if this is a bug or whatever, but I've been playing srw og with my laptop for a couple of days now and I haven't been experiencing any bad lags or slow downs. So as I turned on pcsx2 today and started playing the game, of a sudden, my fps went from 30-40 fps at the beginning of the starting menu to 10-20 fps. The EE got from 50-70 to 60-100%. And usually, my cpu usage runs from 40-60% regularly when playing the game. Now, my cpu runs at least 60 to 100%. Even though these drastic changes came about, I tried to see if using speed hacks could fix the issue. The hacks did minimum effect to lower the EE percentage and to speed the game up. Since the hacks didn't work, I decided to restart my laptop to see if that would do the trick. That too, didn't work... So now, I'm asking you, the experts, if there are any other additional ways that could help my situation. Could it be my pcsx settings? or my pc? I have no idea.

Here are my pc specs:
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40Ghz
CPU Speed = 2.393 ghz
Window Vista Home Edition 64 bit
Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT

Sponsored links

Are you running it on batteries now perhaps? Also check if the laptop is set to the High Performance power scheme. After these, you should check if your temperatures are at normal levels while running PCSX2, there is a possibility your CPU speed is being throttled to prevent damage from overheating.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Turns out the problem was that I put my battery into low performance.... so I switch it back to high performance and is working pretty smoothly. 'Cept now, the only problem with it is the sound. The graphics are pretty smooth, but the sound is a bit too slow at times. Any advice?
at what fps are you now? cause with lower than 50 for pal and 60 for ntsc the image and sound will be slower, did you checked your temps when you play as Bositman said before?
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
well the fps is around 40-50, and i said before the image/graphics of the game is running pretty smooth. and the temperature is 75 degrees celsius.. edit* well now it is 71, is that too hot for the processor? cuz i dunno....
well if it doesnt get above 75 its kinda ok...

40 is not smooth.... specially if your game is ntsc... but even for pal games 40 is lower speed also.... the audio is like this when you are at 100% speed?
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
no, i try boosting the fps a bit to 60-70, and by doing that, the audio is running better
again if your game is ntsc the normal ones are 60.... and also tell us what is your game? Wacko pal or ntsc
(07-12-2010, 11:04 PM)cyrenh Wrote: well the fps is around 40-50, and i said before the image/graphics of the game is running pretty smooth. and the temperature is 75 degrees celsius..
For a notebook, beyond 75 degrees is dangerous. Suspend the emulator, and wait a bit if it goes beyond 80 degrees. That based on my experience! Laugh
[i]~Many people find that there's no mercy left for such a small mistake.~[/i]
the game is ntcs (super robot taisen original generations), and from all the advice you all have given me, i think it'll be better off if i play the game a couple of times during the week =/ ... otherwise, i will have to start looking for a new laptop XD