the fast and the furious glitches
i ran tfatf for the first time on my pc using lots of AA for the forst time today and i must say that the game is a visual treat, but my joy was short lived when i began to notice that many models and the camera were misaligned to everything else. ive attached a screenshot of what it looks.ive tried hardware hacks but it none of them solved my problem. what should i do? I am running the latest version of pcsx2 with latest bundled plugins and mostly default settings and only recommmended speedhacks. my graphical settings have max AA and at 1600x900 on opengl (i tried other modes too to make sure this wasnt the problem) what can i do? also, i would like links to a widescreen patch if available. thanks in advance Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

I am not completely sure what you mean with misaligned... maybe you can specify this a bit ore.

Widescreen patches are applied automatically if they exist for the game and you enabled the option under 'System'->"Activate Widescreen patches'.

In the log is also written if a widescreen patch was found and applied.... But I would guess you already use it or? The stretching on the left and right border is probably due to the high speed and the central part of the picture looks quite normal, doesn't it?
(12-18-2014, 01:32 AM)willkuer Wrote: I am not completely sure what you mean with misaligned... maybe you can specify this a bit ore.

Widescreen patches are applied automatically if they exist for the game and you enabled the option under 'System'->"Activate Widescreen patches'.

In the log is also written if a widescreen patch was found and applied.... But I would guess you already use it or? The stretching on the left and right border is probably due to the high speed and the central part of the picture looks quite normal, doesn't it?

it is somewhat difficult to see whats misalignted in the screenshot, sorry for that, just look at the streetlights, they look like there r 2 of them and one row is going towards the sky and also look at the wheels , these are appearing above the wheel arches. the game is stretched because the gauges which are supposed to be circular , are not circular in shape.
Does this problem occur in software mode?
Lenovo Y50-70 Gaming Laptop
Intel Core i7-4720HQ @ 2.6Ghz - 3.6Ghz Quad Core
Nvidia GTX 960M 4GB
8GB DDR3 Ram
15.6'' Full HD 1920 x 1080 IPS
Windows 10 64 Bit
---
Intel Core i5 4670 @ 3.4Ghz
Gigabyte H81M
Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB
8GB DDR 3 Ram
1TB WD Black
Windows 10 64 Bit
Phillips 23.6" 1920x1080 IPS
the game runs very slowly in software mode so i didnt bother to go that far in it,. here's a screenshot of what it should look like.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

your machine is probably to play this game, then.
Try fiddling with rounding/clampping modes, this may help. but software mode is probably the only viable solution for now
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
The problem is either in the gs or in the core. If it is the gs you can probably solve it by software mode. If it is in the core you might solve it by doing what jesalvein suggested. First you should identify the source of the problem.
You can try messing with offset hacks in GSdx HW Hacks. This looks similar to the issue Tales of the Abyss has with bloom where it's misaligned.

(It's not just the sides either, look at the car, you can see more misaligning at the tail lights).
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)