the soft is slow on my pc ... why ? and is there a solution for my case?
hi i'm a newbie and i need help. i got an old version of pcsx2 on my pc, i tried to run a game (Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3) on it but it was like going on slow motion while playing or even in the menu ! i tried to install the lastest version but it was even worse !
while playing there is 20-30 fps
i checked the settings and stuff and evrything was in order ! as far as i know....
i don't know if it's normal,a soft problem,my hardware too low or simply need to configure it.
here's the caracteristics of my pc :
intel core 2 duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80 ghz
NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS
RAM 2 go DRR2
hard disk 320 go
windows xp sp3
please i need some help !
(i posted already a message in this thread http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Will-PCSX...r?page=149)
thank you Smile

Sponsored links

PS2 emulation requires a fast computer with a good video card.
Your machine's vga card is most likely too slow for this game.
Try setting GSdx to use "native resolution" and see if that helps.
Rama is right, your PC is kinda slow (especially your GPU)
but I'm 99% the low FPS you're getting is why your settings are not correct.
Use Pcsx2 0.9.7, set res to native, but what really increases your FPS are Speedhacks. Enable all of them and it should work fine, if it is not.. the only way is to buy a new GPU
CPU: AMD Phenom II X2 545 processor
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT 650 MHz
Memory: 4GB RAM DDR2
(11-08-2010, 06:46 PM)Itsugawa Wrote: Rama is right, your PC is kinda slow (especially your GPU)
but I'm 99% the low FPS you're getting is why your settings are not correct.
Use Pcsx2 0.9.7, set res to native, but what really increases your FPS are Speedhacks. Enable all of them and it should work fine, if it is not.. the only way is to buy a new GPU
wow it worked ! using native res did it now the fps are 60 fps ,but using an older version of the of the soft, problem is i forgot it's name xD ! thank you guys !
oh and one more thing ! how do i know which version i'm using ? cuz in case i would reinstall windows again,i might need the install pack of the soft ? and do i get it from the official website ?
ty again guys

Do you mean another version of pcsx2 or the GSdx plugin?
If pcsx2 is the case then the version should be included in the file name. If you mean the GSdx plugin you have to go to the pcsx2 menu plugin/bios selector and check which one you used.
(11-08-2010, 10:05 PM)Itsugawa Wrote: Do you mean another version of pcsx2 or the GSdx plugin?
If pcsx2 is the case then the version should be included in the file name. If you mean the GSdx plugin you have to go to the pcsx2 menu plugin/bios selector and check which one you used.

no it's an old version of pcx2 i think it's called pcsx2-r1888.exe
is it possible to find it in this website ? and a version which is close to it without bugs would be welcome Smile
thx a lot, you already helped me a lot guys Happy
I am still convinced pcsx2 0.9.7 is the best one.. The r1888 build is not downloadable anymore in the website, but if you google it you should be able to find it
Googlecode has all our releases beginning with PCSX2 0.9.6.
https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/downloads/list?can=1

You should still consider always using the latest official release or beta release.
Many games work fine on r1888 for example but there are a lot of known and
problematic bugs in the older versions.
Use at your own risk Wink
(11-09-2010, 08:33 AM)rama Wrote: Googlecode has all our releases beginning with PCSX2 0.9.6.
https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/downloads/list?can=1

You should still consider always using the latest official release or beta release.
Many games work fine on r1888 for example but there are a lot of known and
problematic bugs in the older versions.
Use at your own risk Wink
thanks dude Smile
btw guys, i noticed something quite strange about pcsx2 0.9.6 Ninja
hmm... it might be a bug, i'll tell you more details it soon and i'll publish some screenshots and maybe some videos (just tell me what to do to capture a video from a pc Smile)
cuz i'm quite busy with my studies.
anyway ty guys
i'll see you soon Smile

It's an old version so the bug is probably already fixed.
Athlon II x2 245 (@3.6Ghz), 6gb DDR3 1333, GeForce GTS250 2gb Ram, Linux Mint 12 32bit.