this is probably an extremely noob question.....
but how can u tell what rev of pcsx2 you have?Blush
i compiled mine sometime back (by myself, i am happy to sayTongue) and i just want to know if i have the latest version.

Also can u compile plugins? i looked at the compile guide but it only shows how to compile the pcsx2 exe file. I want the latest plugins.

and finally (since i made a new thread anyways)
why is it that GDdx 9 works better for me than GDdx10 (yes i am using vista)
and why is it that SSE2 works better than SSE3?

(same thing with pixel shader2 compared to pixel shader 3, but i am assuming that it just uses more power to create the graphics and hence slows it down)

thanks in advance for answering what i assume to be three very noobish questions Blush

ops, one more thing, is zero or GDdx faster?

Sponsored links

1. It should say in the console when you start. It doesn't matter though, just compile a new version every so often for best results.
2. Yes, you can compile plugins in a similar fashion to svns, but it's better just to get them somewhere else.
3. It depends on the game. GSDX9 and 10 function differently in different games, therefore there is no clear winrar. The lower ones may run faster, but perform (look and act) worse.

It may be best to get your svns and plugins from 4shared if you don't want to go through the hassle of compiling every couple hours to get the latest versions.
///Intel Q6600 @ 3.4GHz OC'd ~Xigmatek HDT-S1283 HS/F~Nvidia GeForce 8600 GTS 256 MB~Corsair 2x1GB 1066 DDR2RAM~Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit\\\
(02-25-2009, 04:44 AM)With Teeth Wrote: 1. It should say in the console when you start. It doesn't matter though, just compile a new version every so often for best results.
2. Yes, you can compile plugins in a similar fashion to svns, but it's better just to get them somewhere else.
3. It depends on the game. GSDX9 and 10 function differently in different games, therefore there is no clear winrar. The lower ones may run faster, but perform (look and act) worse.

It may be best to get your svns and plugins from 4shared if you don't want to go through the hassle of compiling every couple hours to get the latest versions.

ok thanks
follow up question
what URL do i use to for SVN Checkout?
the URL in the tutorial seems outdated......
here http://pcsx2.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/
Windows 7 64bit
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 OC to 3.6GHz, Intel GMA x4500, 1GB DDR2

NinjaMight just work on next guideNinja