tota's ghosting
I'm sorry, but it'd literally be infinitely easier for you to just download the link I posted in my post because it already has the patch applied.

If you wanted to apply the patch, it's a manual process in which you would need to compile your own version of GSdx. To do this, I have no idea. It requires some programs and you would need to get the source code for GSdx to apply the patch manually. You don't stick the patch in a folder, that's not how it works. It was purposefully built to manipulate some things in GSdx to allow the offsets to work automatically/automagically.

Whose guidelines are you using anyways? If you don't want to compile your own GSdx version, you're stuck with what I linked/wherever you found your SSE2 file. Sorry, that's just how it is.

Sponsored links

the thing is I downloaded what was from krossx http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Tales-of-...#pid265700 his post is the second one from the top. you download that file and in the .zip it has two items. GSdx32-SSE2.dll and AutoOffset_PlusAbyss2.patch. is the .patch just there so you can make your own gsdx? I thought it was used in conjunction with the provided sse2. if that's so then damn major face palm to myself.
(03-25-2015, 02:59 AM)densetsu86 Wrote: is the .patch just there so you can make your own gsdx?

Yes. That's exactly what it's for. The .patch file is there for when you're compiling your own GSdx versions.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
ok thanks for clearing that up had no damn clue. but sadly its a moot point couldn't get it too work. put it in there and had the same settings and ghosting was still in effect. so something must be up. but anyways so I tried you method. the skipdraw one and I decided to try it out. but I also took it a step further. I boosted the saturation to 80 and so far its looking the same as or nearly the same as without the skipdraw. boost the saturation up to 55 as well.
so with those done skipdraw 1, enable fx shader, enable shade boost and have brightness at 100 and have saturation at 55 it looks damn close to the original.

although drawback is the cut scenes are not even possible to watch with this method. the opening cut scene was just murder on the eyes. thankfully theres not many cut scenes in the game (I mean the anime cut scenes). only issue is I don't remember when all of them are.

and to tsunami I forgot to enable the fx in the settings. so yes why in the folders the .ini had it set but I didn't set it on in the actual emulator. so yeah senior moment (not an actual senior but damn stupidity got me).

Yeah agreeing with you on the anime cut scenes. That's a bit of a shame. Best bet for that would be maybe to apply a manual game-fix that makes it so it switches to software mode for the anime scenes. (Assuming it picks up on them). Software Mode disables the Shade Boost I think, so you'd get the regular cut scene colors and stuff, and then it should turn back to hardware mode for the regular game.

Otherwise if it's not too much of a hassle you can always press F9 to make the switch manually yourself. Tongue
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
I would not recommend that. oh man the eyes. turning it to software mode makes it all worse.
ok found out how to do it right. well so far i know how to get it to work with 1.3.1 go to shaders folder. then open GSdx_FX_Settings.ini. the go to effect config options. under that look for //##[TONEMAP OPTIONS]## then look for #define Exposure. set that to 2. now in the actual emulator turn off enable shade boost. now through out the game you can freely control your brightness by press the home key. so when you start up the emulator its off and the screen is dark from the skipdraw. this allows you to watch the cut scenes turn it on by pressing the home key and it will turn on the brightness to full. so now you can play the game. then a cut scene happens press home again and it turns off the brightness.

the other way using f9 to switch between hardware and software did nothing, the effects stayed on in fact was even brighter cause it shut off the skipdraw so the original brightness came back plus the shader booster brightness.

but using the external shaders fixed this. so you don't need to use the shade booster option of the actual emulator.
I'm feeling incredibly stupid right now. Why bother going through all that when a better option is available. Is the fact that it's based on an SSE2 CPU instruction set so off putting that you'd rather do this than use the easier way?
I might have compiled an SSE4 version with the patch applied now. Going to give it a test drive in PCSX2 to see if it works.

[Edit]
So far so good. Custom Resolutions still gives ghosting, but 3x and 4x, even 5x scaling seems to have no ghosting going on..

[Image: pcsx2%202015-03-25%2013-23-09-553.jpg]
It does indeed look good. Nice job on applying the patch.