uLaunchELF v4.42 - having trouble
I want to extract data from my ps2 memory card onto my PC so i've looked around and found uLaunchELF. Anyway, i burned the files i downloaded from http://psx-scene.com/forums/f113/unoffic...2-a-37242/ onto a cd but here's where i'm having trouble. I put the cd into my ps2 but nothing happens. It can detect that there's a cd in the tray but it just says unknown disc and i cant run anything from it.

I tried looking around but every source just says it should run like a normal disc and the gui will automatically pop up once i start up the system. I can't find any info on why it won't boot. These are the files i have and i simply burned them into a cd-r. Am i missing something? I'm guessing there's a specific method or file i have to burn and im not doing it correctly.

Any help would be great.

Sponsored links

(02-07-2013, 07:46 PM)Senai Wrote: I want to extract data from my ps2 memory card onto my PC so i've looked around and found uLaunchELF. Anyway, i burned the files i downloaded from http://psx-scene.com/forums/f113/unoffic...2-a-37242/ onto a cd but here's where i'm having trouble. I put the cd into my ps2 but nothing happens. It can detect that there's a cd in the tray but it just says unknown disc and i cant run anything from it.

I tried looking around but every source just says it should run like a normal disc and the gui will automatically pop up once i start up the system. I can't find any info on why it won't boot. These are the files i have and i simply burned them into a cd-r. Am i missing something? I'm guessing there's a specific method or file i have to burn and im not doing it correctly.

Any help would be great.

I too faced a similar problem. Download the DVD version. It works fine.
(02-07-2013, 08:27 PM)prafull Wrote: I too faced a similar problem. Download the DVD version. It works fine.

Is the dvd version in that link from my post? I'm guessing it's the iso file but that's an older version. Would it work fine or is there a more updated file?
does that stuff need to be burned onto a cd? Wacko i always thought they were copied on a usb and it would do his thing once you booted the ps2 Wacko
If your ps2 is chipped you can use the cd version, if you have swapmagic you can put kn on a memory stick.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Umm,if you can dump your bios,shouldn't you also be able to use uLauchELF?

Here are some methods to install FMCB(if your PS2 is one of the newer models with v2.30 bios,rather than starting the FMCB installer,run uLaunchELF instead)
It looks like the freemcboot site has been abandoned?
You might want to go here instead for the time:
http://psx-scene.com/forums/official-fre...ot-forums/
What do you mean,the site works just fine?
Thanks for the replies everyone. I managed to extract and get the data from my MC's using:
(02-07-2013, 08:27 PM)prafull Wrote: I too faced a similar problem. Download the DVD version. It works fine.