unable to build rev.1834L
since the latest series of wxwidgits I have been unable to build any of them, uploaded a screenshot of a failed pcsx2 release build. any help would be appriciated (VS2010 beta used for compile, it was more convenient and readily available to me at time of compile, doubt 2008 will be any different)

(note this is the legacy branch, old gui)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

You sure it's just the latest ones? old revs compile fine? mine compiled fine on 2008, seems yours doesnt link to a file correctly check if you have the file?
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(09-17-2009, 01:29 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: You sure it's just the latest ones? old revs compile fine? mine compiled fine on 2008, seems yours doesnt link to a file correctly check if you have the file?

the one I tried before that I'm unsure what build it was, but it was shortly after the beta so probably 1802 or so it failed also. I have been looking for that file, but it doesn't seem to appear in my downloaded trunk, anything before the last beta compiled fine. I'll do a bit more searching for this file, but I don't think it's there
VS2010 projects ARE NOT SUPPORTED.

If it fails to build in VS2008 then feel free to re-file a bug report.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
should still have a 2008 iso somewhere.. I'll see if I can find it

edit:
Code:
4>  pcsx2.vcxproj -> C:\Users\Saiki\Documents\pcsx2\bin\pcsx2.exe
4>_AfterBuild:
4>  Creating "Win32\Release\LastSuccessfulBuild.timestamp" because "AlwaysCreate" was specified.
4>
4>Build succeeded.
4>
4>Time Elapsed 00:08:08.00
========== Build: 2 succeeded, 2 failed, 2 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

succeeded after I put svnrev.h into common/include folder
Right, svnrev.h is meant to be built by pre/post compilation tools and I have no idea of those are configured properly in the VS2010 projects since I didn't make, update, or even use them yet.

(and I'm not going to because I'm pretty sure the build system for VS2010 will undergo some reasonably significant changes/improvements between the current beta and the final release -- and I'd just rather wait for that before spending a good 5+ hrs reconfiguring everything to use it)
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
(09-17-2009, 02:34 AM)Air Wrote: (and I'm not going to because I'm pretty sure the build system for VS2010 will undergo some reasonably significant changes/improvements between the current beta and the final release -- and I'd just rather wait for that before spending a good 5+ hrs reconfiguring everything to use it)

yea, I wouldn't want to do 5hours of work for something simple like that either. I'll just do a copy-paste to all revisions I compile from now on, that'll work lol